Area Advocacy and Campaigns Manager
NGO Jobs / UN Jobs Vacancy
Save the Children is the world's leading independent organisation for children. We work in 120 countries. We save children's lives; we fight for their rights; we help them fulfil their potential.
We work together, with our partners, to inspire breakthroughs in the way the world treats children and to achieve immediate and lasting change in their lives.
We have over two million supporters worldwide and raised 1.9 billion dollars last year to reach more children than ever before, through programmes in health, nutrition, education, protection and child rights, also in times of humanitarian crises.
Following a major transition, our international programmes are now delivered through a merged operation with 15,000 staff, managed through seven regional hubs and reporting to a relatively small, central office. We're changing to become more efficient, more aligned, a better partner, a stronger advocate, a magnet for world-class people and relevant for the 21st century.
ROLE PURPOSE: The Area ACCM Manager is responsible for the delivery of the Country Programme's ACCM strategy at area level, with supervision and support of Head of ACCM. Specifically, s/he will work very closely with area leadership team and Program Managers to ensure Save the Children's effective engagement in policy influencing, developing content for internal and external audience, organising campaign events as well as engaging and maintaining relationship with the media to advance children's agenda in the country. S/he is responsible for establishing and managing a proper internal system to manage and respond to communication requirements effectively and efficiently, both internally (from Members) and externally (donors, media, etc.)
Contract Duration: 12 Months
Qualifications and Experience
- Degree in Social Science, Journalism, Information and Communication or Diploma with required experience
- Recommended a minimum at least five years of experience in advocacy , campaigns and communications management within an NGO or media house
- Excellent writing skills for the preparation of newsletters, brochures, documents, reports and correspondence
- Strong representational and communication skills
- Ability to lead and manage under pressure
- Ability to work calmly under pressure in a rapidly changing context
- Proven team management skills, adaptability and flexibility
- Ability and willingness to travel regularly into the field
- Experience of working in an insecure environment
- Experience of operations and logistics planning
- Fluency in written and spoken Somali
- Fluency in written and spoken English and computer literate.
- Commitment to and understanding of Save the Children's policies and procedures.
Please apply in English saving your CV and covering letter as a single document, including your salary expectations for this role. To see a full a job description, please visit our website at
We need to keep children safe so our selection process reflects our commitment to the protection of children from abuse. Employment is subject to our Child protection standards including background checks and adherence to our Child Safeguarding Policy
Save the Children is an equal opportunity employer and seeks to employ and assign the best qualified talent.
How to apply:
Please follow this link to apply: Apply Here
Apply to Job