Administration Associate (IT Support)
NGO Jobs / UN Jobs Vacancy
- Employment Duration
- Start date: 1 March 2021
- 2-year contract with possibility of renewal (subject to a satisfactory performance assessment during the three-month probation period)
Duties and responsibilities
Overall purpose of the position:
To take charge of the entire IT and IT-related function and responsibilities of FORUM-ASIA to ensure a smooth operation of online systems.
- Install and configure appropriate software and functions according to specifications(Office 365, VPN, Thunderbird + Encrypted Emails, VeraCrypt for Data Encryption andKeePass)
- Maintenance of all IT equipment including but not limited to: laptops, routers, conferencetools, QuickBook Windows 2008 servers, local network and other related devices andequipment.
- Maintain and troubleshoot the Dedicated Ubuntu 20.04 LTS Server (core managed), utilizedto host NextCloud & Uwazi (AHRD Website).
- Upgrade NextCloud and its relevant applications as needed.
- Maintenance of Centos 7 Dedicated server which hosts FORUM-ASIA’s & other websites(WordPress based) and collaborate with web developer/consultant, as necessary.
- Coordinate and liaise with server hosting provider(s)
- Troubleshoot system and network problems, diagnose and resolve hardware and softwarefaults
- Replacing IT equipment parts as required
- Provide support, including procedural documentation and relevant reports
Selection criteria: Essential
- Bachelor Degree or higher in relevant field
- Five or more years of IT work experience
- Proven work experience as a Technical Support Engineer, Desktop Support Engineer, ITHelp Desk Technician or similar role
- Hands-on experience with Windows/Linux/Mac OS environments
- Previous experience with Microsoft Windows Server 2008, Ubuntu 20.04 LTS (self-managed) and Centos 7 Server preferred
- Familiarity with remote desktop applications and help desk software (RemotePC)
- Some knowledge in Stun/Turnserver with dockers for Audio / Videos calls
- Priority will be given to prospective candidates with permission to work in Thailand
How to apply:
Applicants are requested to fill in the Job Application Form and send it by email together with a self-introduction letter and two recommendation letters to email@example.com before 1 February 2021, midnight Bangkok Time (UTC+7), stating “**IT Support Application Your Full NAME**” in the subject line. Please note that late applications will not be considered.
Shortlisted candidates will be invited to an interview (online or face-to-face) in the week of 8 February 2021. The selection process may include a written or practical assessment.
Apply to Job