2 Project Assistants - Tuguegarao (Filipino Nationals Only)
NGO Jobs / UN Jobs Vacancy
Duration : 4 months - for pooling
Start date : ASAP
You'll contribute to ending world hunger by ...
- To contribute to the improvement of live-saving and urgent humanitarian needs of the internally displaced population affected by Bagyong Ulysses
- The Project Assistant is responsible for assisting the Head of Project in planning, organizing, implementing and monitoring non-food items distribution in all our operation areas. The position will implement and supervise the technical field activities in collaboration with the beneficiary communities, partners, and other technical departments of Action Against Hunger Manila Base.
Key activities in your role will include
Objective 1: Assist the Head of Project in planning and implementing the Emergency Response project
- Facilitate community need assessments and identify/select beneficiaries in need of non-food items.
- Assist the Head of Project in setting up and coordinating activity plans and implementation of activities with local government unit (LGU) and all stakeholders
- To report any difficulties met in the implementation of the activities as well as all the action that should be undertaken to improve the approach and the activities of the project
- Implement the non-food items distribution and related activities with the Head of Project
- Control the quality of service and activities in the field and provide regular report to the Head of Project
Objective 2: To ensure the effective monitoring of the project at the community level and its timely reporting and archiving of documents
- Ensure the proper disposition of the inputs, supporting documents collected, and distribution reports submitted at the end of every distribution.
- Prepare and submit technical and narrative progress reports including the regular technical monitoring reports to be submitted to the Head of Project.
- Consolidate, analyse and transmit all the project documents including Source of Verification (SoVs)
- Participate, supervise, lead in any kind of surveys, assessments, monitoring required
- Adhere to the Mission Reporting System and ensure all deadlines for reports requested are met
- Maintain quality and integrity of all reports
- Comply with the necessary branding and communications guidelines of the organization.
- Ensure proper filing of documents.
- Carry out any other relevant task to the position as requested by the line manager.
Do you meet the profile required criteria?
Bachelor’s degree in Community Development or any related field.
- Knowledge and experience in community organizing, non-food items distribution
- Knowledge of Humanitarian Accountability Partnership is an advantage.
- Familiarity with the local culture, ability to develop respect from a wide range of people and strong ability to communicate effectively.
- Knowledge and experience in capacity building, information management and reporting
- At least 2 – 3 years of professional experience working with I/NGOs, donor-funded programs in humanitarian operation, Emergency and Early Recovery or in development projects
- Experience in conducting and supervising field assessments, monitoring, surveys and FGDs.
- Knowledgeable on Sphere Minimum Standards.
- Previous experience working with and alongside governmental structures and local/international partners
Languages: Excellent English and Filipino language.
- Required expertise in Windows Office package (Excel, Word, PowerPoint, Outlook).
- Knowledge of Sphinx Software and Open Data Kit (ODK) is desirable or other similar software.
Valuable prior experience in issues related to the promotion of gender equality or personal commitment to gender equality.
Our remuneration package:
- Compensation: based on Action Against Hunger grid.
- Benefits: health insurance, accident and life insurance, leave entitlement, government-mandated benefits
- Project-based Employment
Action against Hunger is committed to preventing any type of unwanted behaviour at work such as but not limited to sexual harassment, sexual exploitation and abuse, lack of integrity and/or financial misconduct; We expects all staff and volunteers to share this commitment through endorsing our code of conduct and other related policies and only those who share our values and code of conduct will be recruited to work for us.
How to apply:
Interested candidates meeting the requirements should apply to the link provided below on or before 15 JANUARY 2021.
Only shortlisted candidates will be contacted for an interview by the HR Department.
Note. - Given the urgency of this position, the vacancy may close on or before the deadline.
Action against Hunger provides equal opportunities to candidates regardless of their origin, nationality, race, gender, regional and sexual orientation. This vision aims to integrate equal treatment and opportunities among females and men in all HR processes and policies within the organization.
Apply to Job