VN2020/020 National Information Management and Research Officer
NGO Jobs / UN Jobs Vacancy
Open to Internal and External Candidates
Position Title : National Information Management and Research Officer
Duty Station : San Salvador
Classification : General Service Staff, NOB
Type of Appointment : One Year Fixed Term
Estimated Start Date : As soon as possible
Closing Date : Dec 31st, 2020
Reference Code : VN2020/020 SV
Established in 1951, IOM is a Related Organization of the United Nations, and as the leading UN agency in the field of migration, works closely with governmental, intergovernmental and non-governmental partners. IOM is dedicated to promoting humane and orderly migration for the benefit of all. It does so by providing services and advice to governments and migrants.
The IOM, created in 1951, is the main Intergovernmental Organization in the field of Migration and works closely with governmental, intergovernmental and non-governmental partners. IOM's job is to ensure an orderly and humane management of migration; promote international cooperation on migration issues; help find practical solutions to migration problems: and offer humanitarian assistance to migrants who need it, whether they are refugees, displaced or uprooted people.
IOM is committed to promoting a diverse and inclusive environment. The candidacy of women is strongly encouraged.
Under the overall supervision of the Chief of Mission for El Salvador, Guatemala and Honduras, the direct supervision of the Deputy Chief of Mission; and in close coordination with the IRM Sub-Regional Project Coordinator and the Displacement Tracking Matrix (DTM) Unit at Headquarters (HQs), the successful candidate will be responsible for the strategy and implementation of Data Collection and Information Management (IM) activities within the Information Unit and to foster institutional strengthening and data integration amongst Government counterpart in El Salvador, Guatemala and Honduras.
Core Functions / Responsibilities:
• Represent IOM in interagency working groups at the technical level as required on matters relevant to programmatic Strategy/Research activities.
• Develop situational reports and project proposals for the mission in El Salvador, Guatemala and Honduras.
• Develop terms of reference and validate administrative procedures to support the resource management unit and human resources department.
• Supervise the daily operations of the Information Unit project data collection, analysis and content development.
• Coordinate the IM activities regarding protection and processing of returning migrants, by fostering data integration amongst Government counterparts and the use of unique registration forms.
• Support the IMO IBM/ITC in the design and strategy of software development activities for Government counterparts, as well as their implementation.
• Support the IMO IBM/ITC in the design and management of databases and information systems dataset extraction for analysis, and data representation.
• Design an integrated methodology for data collection and dissemination through the development of qualitative and quantitative tools.
• Lead the analysis of the data collected from project activities on displacement, international migration, human security and development.
• Undertake field missions as required.
• Act as Methodology, Data Collection and Strategy focal point of DTM activities in El Salvador, Guatemala and Honduras to ensure coherence with global DTM standards.
• In close coordination with the IMO IBM/ITC, design and implement DTM activities in El Salvador, Guatemala and Honduras.
• Develop content from the project data collection activities for publications, as well as support general project reporting.
• Design and implement training activities for IOM personnel and counterparts on data collection, analysis and reporting.
• Coordinate data collection activities in the region through MGI assessment to IOM staff, government official, and relevant parties, in close coordination at the global level with MPD and GMDAC.
• Undertake other duties requested by the Mission that may be assigned from time to time which are commensurate to the position.
Required Qualifications and Experience
Education and Experience
• Master’s degree in economics, statistics, public policy or a related field with emphasis on economic development and public policy from an accredited academic institution with two years of relevant professional experience; or
• University degree in the above fields with four years of relevant professional experience
• At least 3 years of experience in information management including data collection, processing, and analysis.
• At least 3 years of experience in project proposal design and implementation using theory of change and logic framework
• At least 3 years of experience in the development of information products related to vulnerable populations for diverse audiences.
• At least 3 years of experience working with large data sets.
• At least 3 years of Research experience in the fields of population studies, early childhood development, migration, refugees/IDPs; including field experience in quantitative and qualitative studies coordination and implementation.
• Experience in the design and implementation of surveys and questionnaires, including the supervision of interviewers and cartographers.
• Experience in the development of reports for different audiences.
• Experience in financial planning and budgeting.
• Experience in consultancies, including the development of terms of references, follow up, activities implementation, products review, etc.
• Experience in Migration Governance Indicators and Migration Country Profiles
• Experience in Displacement Tracking Matrix (DTM) activities in Emergency Response context
• In depth knowledge of the broad range of migration related subject areas dealt with by the Organization such as Migration Governance, Internal Displacement, Remittances, etc.; and,
• Knowledge of UN and bilateral donor programming.
• Knowledge of Agenda 2030 and the Sustainable Development Goals, as well as cross-cutting themes (gender, protection, etc.)
• Knowledge of statistical software such as R Software, SPSS, PSPP, SAS, EViews and/or Stata.
• Excellent written English communication skills, with focus on research papers and descriptive reports for diverse audiences.
• Demonstrated team-building skills.
• Knowledge of the Cluster Approach and the Sphere Manual for Humanitarian and Emergency Response
• In depth knowledge of Data Protection Principles, knowledge of IOM’s Data Protection Guidelines is a plus
• Working knowledge on IOM Project Handbook and PRIMA is a plus
• Certification in Labor Market Information Systems is a plus
• Participation in international programs on migration data for policy is a plus.
Fluency in Spanish and English (oral and written)
• Inclusion and respect for diversity: respects and promotes individual and cultural differences; encourages diversity and inclusion wherever possible.
• Integrity and transparency: maintains high ethical standards and acts in a manner consistent with organizational principles/rules and standards of conduct.
• Professionalism: demonstrates ability to work in a composed, competent and committed manner and exercises careful judgment in meeting day-to-day challenges.
Core Competencies – behavioural indicators level 2
• Teamwork: develops and promotes effective collaboration within and across units to achieve shared goals and optimize results.
• Delivering results: produces and delivers quality results in a service-oriented and timely manner; is action oriented and committed to achieving agreed outcomes.
• Managing and sharing knowledge: continuously seeks to learn, share knowledge and innovate.
• Accountability: takes ownership for achieving the Organization’s priorities and assumes responsibility for own action and delegated work.
• Communication: encourages and contributes to clear and open communication; explains complex matters in an informative, inspiring and motivational way.
Managerial Competencies – behavioural indicators level 2
• Leadership: provides a clear sense of direction, leads by example and demonstrates the ability to carry out the organization’s vision; assists others to realize and develop their potential.
• Empowering others & building trust: creates an atmosphere of trust and an enabling environment where staff can contribute their best and develop their potential.
• Strategic thinking and vision: works strategically to realize the Organization’s goals and communicates a clear strategic direction.
How to apply:
HOW TO APPLY:
Interested internal candidates are invited to submit their applications by completing and sending the Internal Application Form (form attached), a letter of interest, and a CV to the following e-mail address: firstname.lastname@example.org by December 31st,2020 at the latest, referring to this advertisement. Personal History Form optional.
External Candidates that comply with the profile will need to send the Resume and a letter of interest to email@example.com by December 31st,2020 at the latest, referring to this advertisement.
• The motivation/cover letter should be a maximum of 1 page long and in English. It should state the position(s) you are applying for
• The CV should be a maximum of 2 pages long and in English.
KEEP IN MIND:
• Only the applications that comply with the required profile will be taken into consideration.
• Those applications received after the due date or the ones that don’t include the name of the position, will not be considered.
• This vacancy is open for local staff or international staff with legal permit to work in the Country.
• The attachment shouldn’t weight over 2 MB.
Apply to Job