NGO Jobs / UN Jobs Vacancy
All Hands and Hearts is a disaster relief nonprofit. Our program bases are located in the communities we serve, and staff members live in communal environments. Strict controls will be maintained to promote health and safety at all times, however, there is potential for exposure to the SARS-CoV-2 virus.
The start date for this position is January 11th, 2021.
We aim to hire creatives (videographers and photographers) that live in and are connected to the communities we work alongside. Creatives document our relief work and, most importantly, capture stories from community members, volunteers and staff to inspire others to advance our mission.
This is a contractor position (frequency: 1-2 day shoot, every other month); the creative will partner with All Hands and Hearts to capture video and images on a recurring basis at the selected program location.
- Reports to Creative Manager
- Roles reporting to position N/A
You Should Apply if:
- You have professional experience as a videographer and/or photographer working to share stories that drive impact on both a local and global level.
- You are interested in advancing the mission of All Hands and Hearts.
- You champion ethical storytelling — recognizing not only the importance of sharing stories of impact, but also the importance of how these stories are shared, what information is provided and how sharing will affect the people/communities involved.
- You are open to constructive feedback on your work and always looking to improve collaboration with clients.
This role is expected to offer a Medium Level of exposure risk, according to the OSHA Classification of Risk of Worker Exposure to SARS-CoV-2.
- Follow national, regional and local regulations in addition to the AHAH COVID-19 guidelines.
- If you feel unwell, experience any symptoms or are aware that you have been in close contact with a lab certified case of COVID-19 within the last 14 days you should isolate immediately and notify the creative manager.
- Understand the risk of COVID-19 to you as an individual and notify the creative manager if you have any concerns.
- Accept that risk cannot be removed from this situation.
- Give honest feedback.
- Visit the selected All Hands and Hearts’ program on a recurring basis to document stories, capturing video and images.
- Develop, shoot, edit and deliver content to All Hands and Hearts under agreed upon deadlines.
- Video: Standard projects include a completed 1-3min film, folder of b-roll and selection of 20 images per two-day shoot.
- Image: Standard projects include a folder of 50-75 edited photos per one-day shoot.
- Other projects as needed/agreed upon.
- Collaborate with staff, community members and volunteers to determine how to best capture the story.
- Is this position responsible for the operating budget of the associated department? No
- Does this position have any other financial responsibilities? Utilize your own creative equipment
- Related Experience Must have two or more years of professional videography and photography work experience.
- Community Connection We aim to hire creatives that live in and are connected to the communities we work alongside.
- Special Competencies
- Exceptional communication skills (English and the local language)
- Ability to travel to create and edit content independently
- Person-first approach to storytelling (prioritizing connection with others and their comfort level over the end-product is a nonnegotiable)
- Flexible and adaptable to environments while capturing content
- Ability to prioritize and work against deadlines in a fast-paced environment
How to Apply
- Share your portfolio of recent (video/photo) projects
All Hands and Hearts is an Equal Opportunity Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to sex, gender identity, sexual orientation, race, color, religion, national origin, disability, Veteran status, age, or any other protected characteristic.
How to apply:
Please apply via the AHAH website.
Apply to Job