Team Leader/Project Manager
NGO Jobs / UN Jobs Vacancy
JOB TITLE: Project Manager/Team Leader
TYPE OF CONTRACT: Consultancy Contract (International Consultant)
UNIT/DIVISION: Myanmar Country Office
DUTY STATION: Nay Pyi Taw, Myanmar
DURATION: 11 months (renewable). There is potential for the selected expert to be engaged for a total of 64 months over a period of 6 years. No individual engagement can exceed 11 months in any twelve-month period. The exact periods of engagement will be defined based on the progress of the project and the performance of the individual. (Start June 2021)ON
On behalf of our client, we seek candidates of the highest integrity and professionalism who share our client's humanitarian principles. Selection of staff is made on a competitive basis, and we are committed to promoting diversity and gender balance.
The Republic of the Union of Myanmar has received financing from the Asian Development Bank (ADB) to implement a 6 years project named Resilient Community Development Project (RCDP). The Department of Rural Development (DRD) under the Ministry of Agriculture, Livestock and Irrigation (MOALI) is the implementing Agency. The Main Implementing Consultant and its team of expert will be contracted to support the implementation of the programme in all its aspects.
The main outcome of the project is to improve the standard of living and resilience of targeted communities through three outputs: (i) development of climate and disaster-resilient community infrastructure; (ii) development of resilient livelihood activities for poor men and women; and (iii) strengthening of institutional and organizational capacity of communities and government. The project will adopt a proven Community-Based Development (CBD) approach to deliver community infrastructure and livelihood subprojects to 17 poor, vulnerable townships covering 791 village tracts and 2,942 villages with a population of about 1.8 million people.
Project Manager/Team Leader (PM/TL) will be responsible for managing the implementation of the Resilient Community Development Project (RCDP) in accordance with the project operational policies, standards, and targets. She/he shall ensure that the objectives of the project are achieved through proper planning, execution, quality management, staff supervision and engagement of relevant stakeholders including, but not limited to, partner government agencies, and local government units.
- Provide overall technical support and oversight in the planning, execution and operation of the project management unit (PMU) and the project implementation units (PIU) in accordance with RCDP’s objectives and key outputs;
- Lead the preparation of the work and financial, capacity building, staffing and procurement plans in close collaboration with the PMU, PIUs and SSPs;
- Manage the delivery of targets and outputs and resolution of implementation issues;
- Supervise the work and performance of the MIC to ensure that project implementation especially on participatory/social processes and subproject implementation are on track and within desired standards;
- Provide close oversight of and support to project operations to ensure achievement of project objectives and timely disbursement of project funds;
- Provide technical assistance support and oversight of the services of the SSPs in the project townships to ensure alignment of their approaches, strategies and operating procedures with RCDP’s operating framework, particularly the project activity cycle;
- Ensure the development and continuous improvement of RCDP’s community project cycle based on the implementation experience and lessons and those of other relevant projects and activities;
- Provide capacity building and technical support to DRD staff on ADB policies, guidelines, procedures, and reporting requirements relating to the project;
- Ensure that disputes, if any, are dealt with efficiently and swiftly, in a transparent manner, and in line with practices acceptable to ADB and the Government of Myanmar; and
- Prepare project reports with support from DRD and other consultants.
QUALIFICATIONS & EXPERIENCE REQUIRED
- Bachelor’s Degree or equivalent in Agriculture/Community and Rural Development/Civil Engineering or related disciplines
- Preferably having a master’s degree in a related discipline
- Minimum 12 years of professional experience of which 8 years in developing countries, including experience on participatory community-based development projects
Knowledge & Skills:
- Highly experienced in donor-financed community-based development approaches to rural development, including interventions in small-scale rural and social infrastructure and livelihoods development
- Project management experience on multi-sector rural community development projects
- Minimum 8 years’ experience of leading project teams, including for large scale projects, and coordinating with project stakeholders, Governmental Institutions and the public
- Working experience in Myanmar and/or South East Asia region essential
Fluency in written and spoken English
Female applicants and qualified applicants from developing countries are especially encouraged to apply
How to apply:
Applications and updated CV should be submitted to email@example.com, under the title: DRS ref. number 10934. Due to the high number of applications received, we can reply to shortlisted candidates only.
Apply to Job