Support Manager - Afghanistan Kandahar (National Position)
NGO Jobs / UN Jobs Vacancy
The purpose of support manager position is to provide sufficient support to relevant program in area level and sub-offices meanwhile he/she is leading and supporting support units and make sure that staff comply with NRC and donor guidelines and lead all support related matters in NRC South Area Office and meanwhile the Support Manager position is to ensure that all support functions are providing high quality and efficient support programme implementation.
Role and responsibilities
The following is a brief description of the role.
These responsibilities shall be the same for all positions with the same title. The responsibilities shall be short and essential. Details belong in the Work and Development plan.
- Line management of support staff including Finance, HR & Admin, Logistics and ICT
- Compliance with and adherence to NRC policies, guidance and handbooks and donor/auditor requirements
- Facilitate the Area Office support functions’ strategic input to the development of the Country Strategy and Plan of Action
- Provide input on operational support in proposal development, and coordinate and align operational support with programme plans
- Responsible for ensuring quality support to project implementation.
- Facilitate the Master Support Budget, area level budgets and BPO development, including assess and monitor costs and resource allocation needs
- Responsible for the strategic development of Area level structures, technical systems, human resource capacity and allocation
- Responsible for development of new area specific technical SOPs, guidelines and tools
- Responsible for organisational learning related to programme support
- Responsible for technical capacity building of support staff
These responsibilities shall be adapted to the particularities of the job location and context, phase of operation, strategic focus and type of programme intervention. This section shall be revised whenever a new employee is hired or the context changes significantly.
- Responsible for corruption mapping and mitigation practices and procedures in the programme;
- Ensure adequate and fit-for-purpose support strategy rooted in staff capacity development;
- Ensure that all rules, regulations, routines, procedures, SOPs are accessible to and known by all staff
Competencies are important in order for the employee and the organisation to deliver desired results. They are relevant for all staff and are divided into the following two categories:
- Professional competencies
These are skills, knowledge and experience that are important for effective performance.
Generic professional competencies:
- University Degree in management & administration is preferable
- Minimum 4 years of experience in a senior management position in a humanitarian/ recovery context
- Experience working in complex and volatile contexts
- Allocation of resources and costs expertise
- Documented results related to the position’s responsibilities
- Knowledge of own leadership skills/profile
- Fluency in English, both written and verbal
- Valid driver’s license
Context/ Specific skills, knowledge and experience:
- Knowledge of the Afghanistan or regional context
- Experience in implementation of humanitarian projects/programmes
- Solid knowledge of HR, finance and logistics routines in a humanitarian context
- Excellent communication skills
Ability to process large amounts of liquid data
These are personal qualities that influence how successful people are in their job. NRC’s Competency Framework states 12 behavioural competencies, and the following are essential for this position:
- Managing resources to optimize results
- Managing performance and development
- Handling insecure environments
- Empowering and building trust
- Strategic thinking
What we offer
Duty station: Kandahar
Duration and type of contract: 12 months renewable based on funding
Salary and Benefits: As per the NRC pay scale
*Open to Afghan Nationals Only*
How to apply:
To apply click on the following link and you will be directed the the application landing page.
Apply to Job