Strategic information manager | Malawi | 2020
NGO Jobs / UN Jobs Vacancy
Chemonics seeks a strategic information (SI) manager for Component Two of the anticipated five-year, $80 million USAID Client Oriented Response for HIV Epidemic Control (CORE) project in Malawi. CORE aims to reduce HIV morbidity and mortality, increase uptake of preventive services, and improve the availability and use of quality site-level data. CORE will focus on interventions that are expected to have the greatest impact on achieving and sustaining epidemic control and are supported by a strong evidence basis.
The SI manager will be the lead technical expert responsible for all strategic information responsibilities related to the activity, including all monitoring, evaluation, analytics, and reporting of performance and results. The SI manager will serve as a key personnel and will lead activity efforts to strengthen monitoring and evaluation, and performance reporting with the geographic areas of implementation to monitor, document and analyze the performance of HIV services and ensure data quality. This position is based in Lilongwe, Malawi, and Component Two will work in the following districts: Machinga, Mangochi, Phalombe, Salima, and Balaka. We are looking for individuals who have a passion for making a difference in the lives of people around the world.
- Provide technical direction on SI and project evaluation and monitoring, including research provide guidance on how to use routinely collected data to monitor, evaluate, and report on the program in ways that will improve its performance
- Collaborate with the Ministry of Health, district health management teams, and other implementing partners to scale use of electronic medical systems for timely decision making at the facility level
- Liaise with USAID, the Ministry of Health, and other partners involved in SI implementation
- Identify short- and long-term objectives for the project that will help strengthen information systems and data usage at the site level in Malawi, and develop proposals to accomplish these objectives
- Oversee data quality assessments and provide feedback on them to the project’s staff, USAID, the Ministry of Health, and other partners involved in SI implementation to reinforce quality standards
- Implement training and on-going technical mentorship programs on strategic information and monitoring and evaluation for project staff, including clinical staff based in the districts
- Ensure that the program’s reported activity data are verified through quality assurance procedures and ensure that reports on the project’s progress for USAID, the U.S. President’s Emergency Plan for AID Relief, and other stakeholders are timely and of a high quality
- Oversee the development and monitoring of work plans and budgets to support SI activities
- Attend national and international SI-related technical meetings to inform and improve program planning and implementation
- A Master’s degree in public health, epidemiology, social work, monitoring & evaluation, demography, biostatistics, statistics, analytics or a related field
- Minimum of five years of work experience in designing, establishing, and managing monitoring and evaluation systems, ensuring data quality, and managing data intensive, performance-based programs funded by PEPFAR
- Experience managing PEPFAR High Frequency Reporting (HFR) strongly preferred
- Demonstrated ability to perform complex data quality analyses and make program recommendations based on findings
- Demonstrated ability to perform robust data extraction from internal and external information systems; Demonstrated ability to perform complex data analytics utilizing Microsoft Excel or business intelligence tools
- Demonstrated ability to prepare expert quality data visualizations
- A working knowledge of Malawi’s health service information systems and monitoring and evaluation processes as they relate to data collection for performance-based reporting
- Demonstrated leadership, versatility, and integrity
- Demonstrated written, presentation, and communication skills in English
How to apply:
Send resume and cover letter in electronic submissions to https://ghdrecruit.formstack.com/forms/malawi_core_proposal. No telephone inquiries, please. Finalists will be contacted
Chemonics is an equal opportunity employer and does not discriminate in its selection and employment practices on the basis of race, color, religion, sex, national origin, political affiliation, sexual orientation, gender identity, marital status, disability, genetic information, age, membership in an employee organization, or other non-merit factors.
Chemonics values the protection of your personal data. If you are in the European Union, please read our EU Recruiting Data Privacy Notice to learn how we process personal data. You may access the notice via the following link: https://chemonics.com/eu-recruiting-data-privacy-notice/.
Apply to Job