NGO Jobs / UN Jobs Vacancy
CaLP strives to have key documents available in English, French and Spanish to ensure inclusivity among its audience and greater uptake of its resources. Currently, CaLP has made advances on this front in the last year but is seeking to grow its roster for certified translators as demand increases.
Now that CaLP has expanded its scope to officially include Latin America and the Caribbean, it is even more important to have documents, studies, training material amongst other resources available in Spanish.
To professionally translate documents from English to Spanish and/or Spanish to English using guidance that has been identified by CaLP.
- Translation of case studies, technical guidelines, capacity building tools, resources and other documentation, amounting to a range of 5,000 to 10,000 words per month (approximately).
Profile of the Consultant(s)
The consultant should have the following essential skills and knowledge:
- Native proficiency in the target text (whether that is English and/or Spanish)
- Experience with translating humanitarian documentation from source text to target text (e.g. English to Spanish and/or Spanish to English) for the UN, INGOs, NGOs, etc.
- Accredited translator, translation certification required stating languages qualified to translate
- Sound interpretation, writing and analytical skills
- Undergo an induction session with the CaLP Americas Program Officer to review key documents and terminology and establish ways of working, quality expectations and guidelines, etc.
How to apply:
Expressions of Interest should include a financial proposal, CVs of consultant(s) and at least two recent translation samples, which should be sent to email@example.com COB 3 January with the subject line: CaLP Spanish Translation ToR. The proposal should indicate the consultant’s preferred translation (English to Spanish, Spanish to English or both). Any additional clarifications on the consultancy should be addressed to firstname.lastname@example.org and email@example.com.
For more information, please see the ToRs here.
Apply to Job