Senior Monitoring and Evaluation Coordinator
NGO Jobs / UN Jobs Vacancy
NOTE: This position is contingent upon donor funding. Ivoirians nationals and women are strongly encouraged to apply.
Founded in 1933 on the initiative of Albert Einstein, the International Rescue Committee (IRC) responds to the world's worst humanitarian crises and helps people survive, recover and rebuild their lives. Present today in more than 40 countries IRC works to restore the safety, dignity and hope of millions of vulnerable people around the world. IRC has been working in Côte d'Ivoire since 2002, where it implements innovative projects in the areas of protection of women and children, education, economic strengthening and health.
IRC Côte d'Ivoire's health sector now has projects in the fields of nutrition, epidemiological surveillance, the fight against infectious diseases (HIV and Malaria), water, hygiene and sanitation (WASH), sexual and reproductive health, family planning, and maternal, child and newborn health (SR/FP/MCNH). These various projects are implemented with national stakeholders and various donors in 20 regions and 51 health districts of the country.
IRC is looking for a Senior M&E Coordinator for an anticipated five-year USAID-funded integrated maternal, newborn and child health (MNCH), reproductive health (RH) and malaria project in Côte d'Ivoire. The project aims to reduce maternal, newborn and child mortality and improve reproductive health among young people and women of reproductive age. The scope of this activity will include tackling the major causes of maternal, neonatal and child mortality. It will also include malaria in pregnancy (MIP).
The Senior M&E Coordinator will be responsible for developing, harmonizing, consolidating, updating and monitoring all monitoring and evaluation activities related to the project. The Senior M&E Coordinator will review and support the harmonization and development of the project's performance measurement framework as defined in the project's logical framework. This position is contingent upon donor funding.
• Design and lead the implementation of the project's M&E system to report progress against project objectives and contribute to a learning program by overseeing targeted evaluations of programmatic data to deepen the project's understanding of cost-effective models for delivering MNCH/RH and malaria services.
• Develop the M&E framework for the project, including baseline and evaluation requirements and surveys
• Contribute to annual work plans by leading the development of annual project M&E plans, setting annual objectives, and developing activities to strengthen the capacity of projects and stakeholders to collect, clean up, report, analyze, and use programmatic data.
• Ensure alignment of project M&E and learning activities with project objectives.
• Develop and implement strategies and tools for data use and data quality assurance.
• Conduct training for project and partner staff on M&E guidelines; data reporting requirements and project indicators; and data collection, reporting, quality assurance, and other tools.
• Conduct field monitoring, technical assistance, and training to build the capacity of projects and partners to collect, clean up, and analyze data for project management and reporting.
• Oversee the development and submission of regular data reports to USAID and contribute to project reviews and presentations for USAID and IRC headquarters.
• Contribute to the development and implementation of a strategy to synthesize and disseminate key results, lessons learned, and other project learnings.
• Supervise all project staff involved in data collection and analysis.
• Master's degree in statistics, demography, health economics or a related field from an accredited university.
• Minimum of five years’ experience in monitoring and evaluation of SMIN/RH and malaria projects.
• Proven M&E experience with USAID-funded SMIN/RH and malaria projects at the community level and knowledge of required USAID M&E and reporting indicators.
• Good understanding of Ivorian health information systems and data issues (e.g., data security, cascade monitoring, etc.) on women, youth.
• Demonstrated expertise in quantitative and qualitative methodologies, evaluation and implementation research, health information systems, reporting, data quality assessments, data analysis and presentation.
• Professional level of oral and written fluency in English and French.
STANDARDS OF PROFESSIONAL CONDUCT
The IRC and IRC employees must adhere to the values and principles contained in the IRC WAY (Standards for Professional Conduct). They are Integrity, Service, Responsibility and Fairness. In accordance with these values, IRC applies and enforces policies on the protection of beneficiaries from exploitation and abuse, child protection, workplace harassment, tax integrity and retaliation.
How to apply:
Apply to Job