Senior Manager, Operations and HR, Singapore
NGO Jobs / UN Jobs Vacancy
Vital Strategies is an international public health organization. Our programs strengthen public health systems and address the world’s leading causes of illness, injury and death. We currently work in 73 countries, supporting data-driven decision making in government, advancing evidence-based public health policies and mounting strategic communication campaigns. Vital Strategies’ priorities are driven by the greatest potential to improve and save lives. They include non-communicable disease prevention, cardiovascular health promotion, tobacco control, road safety, obesity prevention, epidemic prevention, overdose prevention, environmental health, vital statistics systems building and multidrug-resistant tuberculosis treatment research. Our programs are primarily concentrated in low- and middle-income countries in Africa, Latin America, Asia and the Pacific; the Overdose Prevention Program is our first initiative in the U.S. Please visit our website at www.vitalstrategies.org to find out more about our work.
The Senior Manager–Operations and HR is a full-time position based in Singapore that will report to the Regional Director and have a dotted line reporting to the Deputy Director of Global Operations and the Deputy Director of Global HR. This position will manage a shared assistant with Finance.
The Senior Manager–Operations and HR will be responsible for providing support to the Regional Director (RD), on all human resources and operations functions as well as regional planning. S/he fosters a culture of accountability and customer service. In this role, the incumbent will ensure the cost-efficient use of Vital Strategies resources, and manage all operations functions including contracting, travel, safety and security, and facilities. S/he will also support the human resources functions such as recruitment, onboarding, payroll and benefits, employee relations, and compliance to the local labor laws. S/he must be courteous, have a professional approach towards staff and be able to operate with a high degree of confidentiality.
Risk management duties include:
- Compliance: Monitor and track compliance to local regulations and Vital Strategies operational and HR policies.
- Risk: Assess risks for operations in the region and propose plans to manage those risks.
- Legal: Support Regional Director and US legal team on sensitive issues, liaise with local attorneys as needed on legal matters.
- Safety and Security: Serve as the focal point for safety and security in the Asia Pacific Region.
- Collaborate with the Deputy Director of Global Security on the implementation of and compliance to Vital Strategies’ security management plan for Singapore and travelers in the region.
Human Resources duties will include:
- Talent Acquisition and Hiring: Provide support to the recruitment process, oversee compliant employee hiring and onboarding
- HR Administration: Manage benefits and payroll, conduct audits, negotiate renewals, maintain required electronic employee records, manage required employee permits. Collaborate with global HR team on compensation management for Singapore employees and ensure adherence to comp policies for regional hires.
- Talent Management: Serve as the focal point for employee relations, coordinate performance management process, partner with HR team on professional development needs of team.
- Ensure compliance of Singapore employment related laws for work-pass holders, such as residency and tax requirements etc.
- Planning, Contracting, and other Operations duties include:
- Planning: With the Regional Director, facilitate planning and monitoring activities for the Asia- Pacific region, with staff based in Singapore, and in coordination with Vital Strategies directors based elsewhere who are managing programs in the region.
- Contracting: Serve as local focal point for ensuring compliance with procurement policies and procedures, and for identifying sourcing and advertising channels, supporting competitive biddings/requests for proposals, reviewing contracts.
- Policies and procedures: In coordination with the NY, tailor and maintain policies, procedures and internal controls, including but not limited to the Operations and Finance Manual for Singapore. Train employees and ensure compliance with these policies and procedures.
- Travel: Support local team with understanding and complying with travel policies and procedures, managing the travel agency’s performance and overall contract, and trouble-shooting travel problems, when needed.
- Facilities: Monitor and facilitate lease renewal business terms in close liaison with Regional Director and Deputy Director of Global Operations. Oversee and manage relationship and activities with local property management company, including for the upkeep of the physical office facilities. Manage Vital Strategies’ equipment and assets register.
- Budget: Support the Finance Manager as needed, including in the development of the annual budget; provide assistance with financial services providers (external audit, payroll, local accounting firm); etc.
- Monitor and manage IT, facilities, insurance, and other operational activities.
- Other duties as assigned.
- Education and degree
- Minimum of a bachelor’s degree in a relevant field (business administration, human resources, operations)
Skills & abilities
- Excellent communication and relationship building skills with an ability to work with a variety of internal and external stakeholders
- Analytical mindset with strong attention to detail
- Ability to set priorities and problem-solve
- Demonstrated project management skills
- HR background preferred; knowledge of local labor laws
- Personal qualities of integrity, credibility, and dedication to the mission of Vital Strategies
- Collaborative, dedicated team player
How to apply:
Please send CV and a cover letter, including salary expectations to email@example.com indicating the position, Senior Manager, Operations & HR, Singapore applied for in the subject line. Deadline for receiving applications is December 18th.
Apply to Job