Senior Grants and Partnership Coordinator
NGO Jobs / UN Jobs Vacancy
IRC Myanmar’s Senior Grants & Partnerships Coordinator (SGPC) is responsible for the oversight and management of the Program Department’s Grants and Partnerships Units. The SGPC reports to the Deputy Director for Programs (DDP); key relationships are with the sector leads and finance department in-country, IRC’s headquarter offices in New York and London, and donors and partner organizations. The SGPC provides strategic guidance and support to the country office on issues of program development, grants/sub-grants management and compliance, and donor relations. S/he facilitates proposal development processes and supports a variety of aspects of project cycle management, including reporting, grant and sub-grant monitoring and modifications, and grant closing.
DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
• Coordinate proposal development processes in close collaboration with the DDP, sector leads and the finance team, to ensure smooth and timely proposal development and submission in line with IRC and donor requirements;
• Monitor major donor trends and funding opportunities through regular research and monitoring of information on relevant websites and/or other sources;
• When needed, serve as team leader and key writer for non-technical sections of proposals, working with and/or overseeing other team leaders (e.g. regional support team, consultants) when needed and as resources are available to support them;
• Ensure the identification, appraisal, and mapping of partners is carried out in a consistent manner, and that strategic partners are appropriately engaged in pre-positioning and proposal development processes;
• Ensure proposals are tracked with standard IRC tracking tools (e.g. FM01, OTIS, Internal tracker).
Grants Management and Compliance
• Provide technical guidance on IRC and donor (USG, UN and European) regulations to ensure compliance within operations, program implementation and reporting. Raise compliance issues proactively with program staff and the DDP and DDO.
• Responsible for updating and timely dissemination of funding and donor reporting grid/schedule to relevant staff. Ensure the submission of timely and high-quality report to donors.
• Keep senior management informed of any projected inabilities to meet contractual obligations, report submission and of spend rates/significant budget variances.
• Coordinate regular project cycle meetings and follow up with different departments (Programs, Finance, Supply Chain, etc.) on action points and pending issues to ensure proper grant management.
• Manage and/or support all agreement reviews, revisions, amendments and budget realignments, including relevant approvals.
• Support the partnership team in sub-granting/partnership processes in support of IRC Myanmar’s partnership initiatives. This includes oversight of and guidance on streamlining sub-granting/partnership contracts and tools, staying up to date on IRC rules and guidelines related to grants management and sub-granting, and ensuring other relevant staff understand and can effectively use/support related tools and processes.
Grants and Partnerships Management
• Supervise Grants team and Partnerships Coordinator, ensuring quality outputs and supporting/facilitating their work through joint work flow planning, communication with key working relationships, and identification of special/complex issues requiring special attention/support.
• Supervise and coordinate sub-granting/partnership processes in support of IRC Myanmar’s partnership initiatives, with particular focus on local partners. This includes oversight of and guidance on streamlining sub-granting/partnership tools and processes, staying up to date on IRC rules and guidelines related to sub-granting, and ensuring other relevant staff understand and can effectively use/support related tools and processes.
• Oversee the partnership team to ensure that IRC partners’ projects are tracked and monitored, key monitoring information and learning are documented, and updates on partners/sub-grants are communicated in a timely and professional manner to appropriate stakeholders.
• In consultation with technical coordinators and operations department heads, support initiatives to enhance local partnerships; provide management and technical support to the Partnerships Coordinator to further local partner capacity development.
• Review key project reports prepared by Grants Managers/Officer and provide guidance and on-job capacity strengthening as needed.
• Ensure strategic action plan commitments and milestones owned by and/or relating to the grants team as key contributors are delivered/supported.
• Supervise Grants staff and liaise closely with the Partnership Coordinator in management of sub-grants, ensuring quality outputs and supporting/facilitating their work through joint work flow planning, communication with key working relationships, and identification of special/complex issues requiring special attention/support.
• Relevant degree in development studies, social sciences, or other relevant field; Master’s degree preferred.
• At least five years’ experience in international humanitarian/emergency contexts with multiple sectors, and at least two years of work experience in a similar role, preferably with INGOs.
• Demonstrated experience in proposal development, including preparation of logical frameworks and budgets.
• Fluency in English, and exceptional English writing skills are mandatory.
• Working knowledge of grants management and the project cycle; direct experience in grants/sub-grants managements is a plus.
• Experience with key donors, e.g. USAID, OFDA, UN donors, ECHO, DFID, UNHCR, as well as private funding sources, and familiarity with institutional donor rules and regulations and their compliance.
• Proficient in MS Office, MS Word, MS Excel, and MS PowerPoint.
• Excellent diplomacy skills, patience and clear communication skills.
• Experience with/exposure to field level program management and/or M&E is a plus.
• Ability to independently organize work and prioritize tasks.
• Staff management and team leadership experience.
How to apply:
Apply to Job