Research and Evaluation Adviser - Lebanon (National Position)
NGO Jobs / UN Jobs Vacancy
The Monitoring and Evaluation (M&E) unit is responsible for establishing and implementing systems to promote evidence-based decision-making, programme and project performance, and internal management. The main objectives of the Research and Evaluation Adviser are to improve programme and organisational learning, and oversee the development and implementation of impact research projects and evaluations. The Research and Evaluation Adviser will play a key role in setting the scope, lines of enquiry and methodology for impact research projects and evaluations, and leading the implementation of these activities. The findings and learning produced will also provide, as relevant, evidence to NRC’s advocacy work.
The main objectives of the Research and Evaluation Adviser are to improve programme and organisational learning, and oversee the development and implementation of impact research projects and evaluations. The Research and Evaluation Adviser will play a key role in setting the scope, lines of enquiry and methodology for impact research projects and evaluations, and leading the implementation of these activities. The findings and learning produced will also provide, as relevant, evidence to NRC’s advocacy work. This is a national position
- Adhere to NRC policies, guidance, and procedures.
- Develop the impact research, evaluation and learning plan for the country office.
- Responsible for the delivery of high quality, effective and relevant evaluations in line with NRC’s evaluation policy and M&E framework.
- Participate in programme review, theory of change development and review and log-frame design meetings.
- Ensure programme data collection methodologies, tools and data management are aligned with evaluation and research plans, in direct coordination with the M&E manager.
- Encourage active knowledge management and organizational learning based on findings.
- Build the capacity of and train programme and M&E staff on related technical and conceptual areas.
- Ensure that NRC’s related activities are implemented within NRC’s Protection mainstreaming guidelines and report any breaches/concerns to the line manager and/or focal point for proper action.
- Design with the NRC programme unit the scope, lines of enquiry and methodology for impact research projects and evaluations.
- Discuss and review with donors the study plans.
- Identify partnership opportunities with universities for research and evaluation.
- Coordinate the evaluation and research projects, including leading on procurement processes for hiring consultants or service providers.
- Review research design and tools to ensure contextual & programmatic feasibility and appropriateness.
- Ensure that best practices in ethics and data protection & management are implemented throughout research and evaluations.
- Follow up on the management responses to evaluation recommendations.
- Develop research methodology and complete analysis and report drafting for in-house research activities.
- Generate learning briefs for the studies and evaluations and disseminate internally.
- Present the findings to donors and at the relevant sector working groups, and other relevant platforms.
- Support the development of evidence-based advocacy, and strategic initiatives to strengthen evidence based programming.
- Advanced degree in economics, research methods, social sciences or a related field.
- Minimum 4 years of experience in a similar field, preferably in an emergency or post-conflict setting
- Demonstrable experience leading research projects and evaluations
- Experience with and knowledge of principles and current approaches to monitoring and evaluation in relief and development programmes
- Direct experience with both quantitative and qualitative methods; this should include sampling, survey development, and statistical analysis
- Understanding of data and information needs for programme management and decision making and advocacy
- Fluent in English, both spoken and written
- Experience using SPSS, STATA, Epi Info, or R
- Experience using business intelligence tools (desirable)
- Proven networking and representation skills at a senior level.
- Planning and delivering results
- Working with people
- Strategic thinking
- Initiating action and change
- Handling insecure environments
What we offer
Duty station: Beirut, Lebanon
Travel: Up to 30%
Duration : 12 months renewable based on funding
Salary and Benefits: According the the NRC Scale
**This role is only open to Lebanese Nationals
How to apply:
Interested candidates should click on the following link and they will be redirected to the application landing page
Apply to Job