Regional Learning and Development Adviser - Middle East Office
NGO Jobs / UN Jobs Vacancy
The Regional Learning and Development Specialist works in collaboration with the Regional HR team and the countries under the regional office to develop and implement strategy and activities on talent management and staff learning and development.
- Implement NRC’s systems and procedures at regional level
- Ensure adherence to NRC policies, handbooks, guidelines, donor requirements, national labour laws and procedures
- Create and execute learning strategies and programs for the region that reflect regional priorities and are aligned to global L&D strategies and initiatives
- Evaluate individual and regional development needs
- Implement various learning methods region-wide (e.g. coaching, job-shadowing, online training, TOTs for capacity building, and managing external providers)
- Assess the success of systems for learning and development initiatives in the region
- Assess training effectiveness to ensure incorporation of taught skills and techniques into employees work behaviour
- Periodically evaluate ongoing programs to ensure that they reflect any changes
- Responsible for sharing best case practices and ensuring synergies across the region
- Stay abreast of the new trends and tools in employee development
- Ensure regional synergies in the development and implementation of Learning and Development and leadership initiatives, which align to HR Global strategies.
- Manage the regional Learning and Development ‘toolbox’: maintaining a learning catalogue, managing relationships with approved service providers and coordination of Learning and Development services throughout the region
- Build capacity on coaching and mentoring aimed at transferring knowledge and learning and developing successors
- Strengthen the use of blended learning approaches by effective use of kaya NRCs learning platform
- Advise key experts in use of training methodologies and adult learning principles
- Strengthen performance management in the region and ensure clear links to career and professional development
- Stimulate, document and share lessons learned and best practice on leadership initiatives and capacity building
- Provide oversight and delivery of MERO Learning and Development plan, including planning and implementing the MERO office Annual Training Plan including Learning
- Needs Analysis, and implementation of the plan. This will include direct delivery of trainings and sourcing external vendors.
- Develop regional office training capacity through use of various learning methods
- Work collaboratively with the HR Global and Learning and Development and actively contribute to global people strategies
- Track MERO Capacity Building Workshops data for the Balanced Scorecard and generate reports for the T-Reports
Required professional competencies:
- Professional background in a relevant field (e.g. learning and development, organisational development)
- Experience of successful training design, delivery, and evaluation to meet organisational requirements
- Knowledge of learning management software
- Familiarity with traditional and modern training methods, tools and techniques
- Familiarity with online training methods, tools, and techniques
- Ability to conduct cost-benefit analysis and calculate training ROI
- Ability to engage internal stakeholders at various organizational levels and balance their priorities; ability to engage with and enrol external stakeholders
- Experience with tendering and contracting processes will be helpful
- Documented results related to the position’s responsibilities
- Fluency in English, both written and verbal. Fluency in Arabic preferred.
-Contract period: 1 January 2021-31 December 2021
-Salary/benefits: According to NRC’s salary scale and terms and conditions
-Duty station: Amman, Jordan
We will review applications on an ongoing basis, interested candidates are encouraged to apply early. Please note this position is only open to Jordanian applicants. All others will not be considered.
How to apply:
To apply please visit our careers page at nrc.no or use the link here.
Apply to Job