Regional data analyst | Guatemala | 2020
NGO Jobs / UN Jobs Vacancy
Chemonics seeks a regional data analyst for the ongoing USAID Global Health Supply Chain Program-Procurement and Supply Management in Central America. The project aims to ensure uninterrupted supplies of health commodities in support of USG-funded public health initiatives around the world. The regional data analyst will support all aspects of data collection, interpretation, reporting, and improvement to support the implementation of GHSC-PSM project activities in the Central America region. S/he will interpret data and convert it to information that can offer insights into opportunities for HIV commodities management improvement in the region. The regional data analyst will gather information from various sources, interpret patterns and trends, and report comprehensive findings to the GHSC-PSM project and in-country partners and stakeholders, including the Ministry of Health. This position will be based in Guatemala City, Guatemala. We are looking for individuals who have a passion for making a difference in the lives of people around the world.
- Interpret data and analyze results using statistical techniques
- Process, clean, and verify the integrity of data used for analysis
- Conduct data entry to capture health commodity data (levels, amounts dispensed, closing balances, estimates of quantities required, etc.)
- Collect and aggregate data from primary or secondary data sources
- Develop, implement, and maintain databases, data collection systems, and other data organization strategies to optimize statistical efficiency and quality
- In collaboration with the project’s other technical staff, review databases and spreadsheets for data collection and templates and formats for data reporting
- In collaboration with the project’s other technical staff, develop systems for data capturing, entry, storage, and retrieval
- Consolidate logistics data throughout the region in standardized databases for ease of analysis and reporting
- Identify and define process improvement opportunities for information management in the region
- Support the preparation of infographics, project reports, and presentations regarding indicators, trends, and data analysis
- Bachelor’s degree in Mathematics, Economics, Computer Science, Information Management, Statistics, or similar field required
- Minimum of five years of relevant experience in data management and analysis
- Demonstrated technical expertise in data models, database design development, data mining and segmentation techniques
- Strong analytical skills with the ability to collect, organize, analyze, and disseminate significant amounts of information with attention to detail and accuracy
- Experience working on USAID or other donor-funded projects preferred
- Proficiency in Microsoft Office programs with advanced Excel experience required
- Proficiency in query languages and reporting tools like SQL and Python required
- Familiarity utilizing data visualization tools (Power BI, Tableau) and Java preferred
- Demonstrated leadership, versatility, and integrity
- Fluent written and oral Spanish is required, English communication skills highly preferred
How to apply:
Please send an email with your CV and cover letter attached and Regional Data Analyst in the subject line to by January 12, 2021. No telephone inquiries, please. Chemonics will contact finalists.
Chemonics is an equal opportunity employer and does not discriminate in its selection and employment practices on the basis of race, color, religion, sex, national origin, political affiliation, sexual orientation, gender identity, marital status, disability, genetic information, age, membership in an employee organization, or other non-merit factors.
Chemonics values the protection of your personal data. If you are in the European Union, please read our EU Recruiting Data Privacy Notice to learn how we process personal data. You may access the notice via the following link: https://chemonics.com/eu-recruiting-data-privacy-notice/.
Apply to Job