NGO Jobs / UN Jobs Vacancy
The Danish Refugee Council (DRC) has been operational in Cameroon since 2017 to support Central African Refugees in the eastern part of the country (Adamawa) and in Southwest region for IDPs and host communities’ victims of the anglophone conflict. DRC Cameroon currently implements Protection, Food Security and Livelihood and Education in Emergency projects.
Under the supervision of the Head of Program, the Protection Specialist functions as a specialist within the protection sector area, and leads on technical support to protection programs in Cameroon.
Duties and Responsibilities
Coordination and representation
- Collaborate with relevant internal and external technical experts on issues related to protection
- Represent DRC at relevant (cluster/sector) coordination meetings.
General Programming & Operations
- Ensure the monitoring and technical supervision of quality of protection interventions
- Provide technical guidance to Project Managers/Team Leaders
- Develop tools needed for quality implementation, and assure the training of the teams on technical aspects
- Develop and undertake needs assessments to inform program design and strategic direction. Conduct frequent rapid needs assessment of the situation in the event of emergency in collaboration with other stakeholders to address related problems
- Evaluate needs and opportunities for protection programming
- Participate in preparing and ensuring quality of monthly/quarterly/annual internal and external reports
- Lead by example on DRC’s commitments in safeguarding and Protection against sexual exploitation and abuse.
- Work closely with the HOP on the development of proposals for protection activities
- Ensure compliance with global/national/regional protection cluster standards, DRC protection guidance, and global best practices
- Assist in developing project plans and budgets for funding
- Assist in developing Monitoring & Evaluation tools and the capturing of learning
- Minimum 3 years of practical experience in protection working for an INGO
- Documented skills in project planning and design
- Excellent skill in MS Word, Excel, and PowerPoint
- Experience in project development
- Experience working with INGOs, national partners, local/government authorities, and UN organisations
- Full professional proficiency in English and French
- Proven technical expertise in the following thematics: child protection, emergency protection, community-based protection, counselling, durable solutions, and psychosocial support.
Required Skills & Qualities
- Core Competencies of DRC:
- Striving for excellence
- Taking the lead
- Demonstrating Integrity
- Ability to work in a multinational and multicultural environment
- Proactivity, with a sound commitment to teamwork and with a spirit of genuine collaboration
- Excellent communication skills, as well as patience and politeness, are required
- Multi-tasking and Organizational skills is a must
- Adaptable and Flexible
- Proven analytical and critical thinking skills
- Exemplary sense of ethics in the workplace
- Team-oriented & good sense of humor
- The employee shall follow DRC instructions on safety, confidentiality and ethical guidelines, including the Code of Conduct and the Humanitarian Accountability Framework
- Employee should not engage in any other paid activity during the DRC contract period without prior authorization
- Employee should not engage in any activity that could harm DRC or the implementation of any project during the DRC contract period
- Employee should not give interviews to the media or publish project-related photos or other material without prior authorization
- Employee shall return all borrowed equipment for the project to DRC after the end of the contract period or upon request
How to apply:
Are you interested? Then apply for this position on line**: www.drc.dk/about-drc/vacancies/current-vacancies. o**r directly at Protection Specialist (hr-manager.net) All applicants must send a cover letter and an updated CV (no longer than four pages) either in English or French**.**
However, applicants must be aware that DRC cannot employ, under an expatriate contract, a citizen of the country in which she/ he is going to be stationed (in such case, the Republic of Cameroon).
DRC provides equal opportunity in employment and prohibits discrimination in employment on the basis of race, sex, color, religion, sexual orientation, age, marital status or disability.
DRC encourages all applicants to apply and does not practice any discrimination in any recruitment process.
Applications close on the 31st of December 2020 at 0:00 am (Dakar-time). Applications submitted after this date will not be considered.
Due to the urgency of the position, DRC has the right to recruit a candidate who matches the required profile before the above deadline.
Apply to Job