Project Support Associate
NGO Jobs / UN Jobs Vacancy
The Project Support Associate (PA) assists with the smooth operation of project and program activities by coordinating programmatic information and providing
logistical support to Project Support Officers. S/he works with several project teams and is responsible for day-to-day coordination of project specific activities.
This position provides the opportunity to develop project management skills and experience in a large international NGO while providing essential coordination and support to project staff.
Administrative Support (20%)
- Develop and maintain project pending lists and meeting agendas.
- Schedule, attend, and document project team meetings.
- Coordinate with and assist other project Associates to ensure adequate coverage during the absence of another Project Associate (i.e., vacation).
Procurement, Finance, Contracts (25%)
- Prepare Purchase Requests for project items to be procured in the US
- Adhere to MSH’s Procurement Integrity and Business Ethics standards in all activities.
- Review and preliminarily process invoices from consultants, subcontractors, and vendors for a timely submission to MSH Accounting in accordance with project requirements and MSH procedures.
- Assist in tracking and documenting project deliverables, maintain deliverables calendar.
- Assist in documenting, collecting, and tracking cost-share opportunities, as needed.
- Assist in the development and maintenance of project coding.
- Track project accruals for home office expenses.
Project Implementation Support
- Maintain responsibility for file management, dissemination of programmatic and team information, and contribute to MSH knowledge, programs, tools and approaches.
- Coordinate communications material management, printing, and assembly.
- Draft, edit, and translate reports, success stories, newsletter articles, presentations, and other project documents as requested.
- Update MSH’s intranet and other repositories with key project documents.
- As requested/assigned, support online learning/exchange forums, document development and research.
- Provide support to Talent Acquisition from recruitment start-up to new hire phase.
- Manage logistical arrangements for candidate interviews: establish interviewer and candidate availability, schedule meetings via Google Calendar, provide logistical support for meetings on-site and coordinate travel arrangements where necessary.
Travel Arrangement (20%)
- Coordinate travel arrangements related to HPG or PHT project activities and ensure that all travel arrangements are in compliance with USAID and donor regulations and MSH procedures.
- Provide travellers with Memorandum of Engagement or Consultant Agreement prior to departure.
- Track and document donor approvals, trip reports, and other travel related information in project files.
- Review traveller advance requests, travel requests, and TEFs to ensure compliance with MSH travel policy.
Required: Bachelor's degree
Preferred: Master's degree
Required: two (2) years' work experience
Knowledge and Skills
- Strong administrative and organizational skills.
- Demonstrated ability to work as an effective team member in a complex and fast-paced environment.
- Demonstrated ability in computer skills for word processing, databases, spreadsheets, and presentations (Microsoft Office applications preferred); and a willingness to learn new software packages.
- Ability to work with limited supervision.
- Demonstrated competence to assess priorities and manage a variety of activities in a time-sensitive environment and meet deadlines with attention to detail and quality.
- Excellent written and verbal language skills in English
- Professional proficiency, written and oral, in French, Spanish or other relevant language preferred.
- Administrative skills, excellent written and verbal communication
- Action Oriented, Customer Focus, experiential learn willing to learn on the job.
How to apply:
Apply to Job