NGO Jobs / UN Jobs Vacancy
This position provides high-level and confidential support to the Project Director and the Senior Management Team (SMT) and ensures smooth coordination of project programmatic information, logistics and technical support activities. The PSO’s primary accountabilities are:
* Coordinate and ensure effective and efficient provision of operations support which may include calendar management, team travel and expense management, meeting management, file and minutes management, etc. for the Project Director and the SMT.
* Coordinate logistics for global meetings with project staff, partners and stakeholders as well as MSH and USAID review meetings.
* Create, monitor and routinely update project staff, partners and USAID contact lists and listservs.
* Proactively coordinate meetings and manage internal and external communications, including preparing and editing correspondence, communications, presentations and other documents for the Project Director and the SMT.
* Consultant management including onboarding and invoice processing Collaborate with finance director on procurement activities as needed
* Support special projects as requested including desk reviews for occasional technical activities, work planning status monitoring, preparing SOPs etc.
Project Operations Support (60%)
- Serve as “first responder” for all issues related to operations support needs of the Senior Management Team (SMT), tapping into expertise of content area experts as needed.
- Support SMT for timely follow up of requests from corporate functions for information or action related to MSH policies and standards.
- Assist SMT and Project Director in workplan development, implementation, monitoring of program budgets and outputs/results of field programs.
- Support MTaPS special initiatives, including facilitating strategic initiatives, ensuring they are coordinated and appropriately resourced.
- Partner with the MTaPS Senior Management Team to leverage time and duties based on the shifting and growing needs of the program.
- Oversee and manage administrative and operational activities, ensuring the Program Director and senior management team is informed of upcoming events, commitments and responsibilities with appropriate and timely follow up.
- Act as liaison between MTaPS Senior Management Team and staff.
- Consultant management support, including onboarding and invoice processing
- Collaborate with finance director on procurement activities, as needed
- Help organize and monitor MTaPS’ multiple workstreams and commitments, including planning and monitoring commitments to overall MSH goals.
- Facilitating the delivery of key operational and technical support and ensuring MTaPS’ alignment with MSH’ internal operations.
- Support MTaPS interface with critical parts of MSH including Technical Services (GHSI), the Program Delivery Group, Business Development and Partnerships, Communications, Finance and office of the CEO.
Project Communications (10%)
- Provide support developing, drafting, and editing deliverables as needed, including quarterly progress reports, STTA reports, and other technical deliverables.
- Draft project briefs and reports, presentations, documentation and other communication materials and collaborate with management, program and communications staff in final development and production.
- Assist in preparing project management team presentations as requested.
- Ensure electronic archiving of SMT documents, including submission of documents to DEC or MSH’s Institutional Memory as needed
Donor, Partners, and Stakeholder Relations (10%)
- Coordinate across multiple teams and individuals for inputs and verification to ensure fast turnaround to USAID requests.
- Establish and maintain effective working and liaison relationships with MTaPS’ partners as well as external stakeholders.
- Follow up on contacts made by the Project Director and SMT and support the cultivation of ongoing relationships.
- Support new business development as appropriate.
Strategic Planning Support (10%)
- Support the planning process related to workplan development, implementation, monitoring of program budgets and outputs/results of field programs.
- Support MTaPS’ leadership in programmatic initiatives and communications.
- Act as manager for special projects within MTaPS; including strategic initiatives.
- Manage resource needs for special activities.
- Contribute to the development of key technical pieces and participate in relevant technical meetings related to overall MTaPS’ strategic planning
Travel, Event Coordination, and Misc. Support
- Develop and maintain internal project pending lists and meeting agendas.
- Create and administer executive and project meeting agendas as well as record, transcribe, and distribute minutes of meetings.
- Coordinate international staff coming to HO or domestic travel for project management team including hotel arrangements.
- Ensure that all travel arrangements are in compliance with USAID regulations and MSH procedures.
- Prepare Purchase Orders for project items to be procured in the US (plane tickets, equipment).
- Provide travelers with Memorandum of Engagement or Consultant Agreement (containing all travel details) prior to departure.
- Provide general support to project team members when traveling.
- Provide staff coverage as requested.
Other tasks as necessary.
Required: Bachelor's degree
Preferred: Master's degree
Required**:** BA with 4 years of experience supporting health or development projects or Master’s degree. Knowledge of US Government funded programs, regulations and requirements, preferred.
Preferred**:** Minimum of 4 years of demonstrated success and experience in project support and management is particularly relevant. Direct overseas project work experience strongly preferred. Demonstrated, relevant and related experience in project management. Experience in the management of USAID-funded activities. Understanding of USAID and field Missions; USG audiences, trends and requirements. Experience editing reports and preparing presentations.
Knowledge and Skills
- Strong analytical and organizational skills demonstrated by ability to work both independently and within a team.
- Requires strong conceptualization, facilitation, and planning skills.
- Demonstrated ability to achieve high performance goals and meet deadlines in a fast-paced environment.
- Strong organizational skills that reflect ability to perform and prioritize multiple tasks seamlessly.
- Successful experience working in a home office environment.
- Strong interpersonal skills, written, and oral presentation skills. Excellent cross-cultural communication and active listening skills.
- Proficiency in French preferred.
- MSH Core Competencies: Information Sharing, Managing and Measuring work outputs, Negotiating, Priority Setting, Business Acumen.
- Demonstrated ability to succeed in a dynamic and fast-paced business development environment.
- Proven ability to handle confidential information with discretion, be adaptable to various competing demands, and demonstrate the highest level of client service and response.
- Demonstrated ability to assess priorities and manage a variety of activities with attention to detail.
How to apply:
Apply to Job