Project Officer Sr - Resource Transfer
NGO Jobs / UN Jobs Vacancy
Catholic Relief Services (CRS) carries out the commitment of the Bishops of the United States to assist the poor and vulnerable overseas. Our Catholic identity is at the heart of our mission and operations. We welcome as a part of our staff and as partners people of all faiths and secular traditions who share our values and our commitment to serving those in need. CRS is an international non-governmental organization (NGO) supporting relief and development work in over 100 countries around the world. CRS programs assist persons on the basis of need, regardless of creed, ethnicity, or nationality. CRS works through local church and non-church partners to implement its programs.
Catholic Relief Services (CRS) opened operations in Kenya in 1965. For over 50 years, we have worked throughout the country to implement programs in agriculture, health, microfinance, water, sanitation, emergency relief and pe acebuilding. We have built deep relationships with the Government of Kenya and the Catholic Church through ongoing collaboration and support. CRS’ projects in Kenya currently include agriculture, health, microfinance, emergency response, HIV care and treatment, and services for orphans and vulnerable children. CRS Kenya implements its programs through partnerships with local organizations, including the Catholic Church, other faith-based organizations and community entities for maximum impact and sustainability.
CRS, representing a consortium of international non-governmental organizations, local implementing partners and research institutions is leading the USAID Nawiri Project in Isiolo and Marsabit, a USAID Bureau for Humanitarian Assistance (BHA) funded 5-year Development Food Security Activity (DFSA) in Kenya. The overarching goal of this multi-sectoral activity is to sustainably reduce persistent levels of acute maln utrition in Kenya’s arid and semi-arid lands (ASALs).
The activity will be implemented in two phases:
* Phase I (1.5-2 years) Research, test approaches and collaboratively design a context-sensitive, multi-sectoral activity that sustainably reduces acute malnutrition.
* Phase II (3- 3.5 years): Multi-sectoral Activity implementation and adaptation and Local System and Institutional Strengthening.
The Senior Project Officer - Resource Transfer, will ensure effective coordination and management of Nawiri resource transfer activities across different interventions and activities such as conditional and unconditional cash transfers, in-kind resource transfer, DiNER (diversity in nutrition and enhanced resilience) Fairs, and vouchers, among others. As a member of the programming team, s/he will work closely with the operations departments to ensure efficient payments that adhere to risk management strategies through effective segregation of duties throughout the process.
* Work closely across the programming and operations departments to ensure efficient resource transfer that adhere to risk management strategies through effective segregation of duties.
* Manage resource transfers using the CAT (cash and asset transfer) platform or other beneficiary and resource transfer management platform for beneficiary registrations, intervention setups, distribution planning, transfers and distribution reporting.
* Oversee all project level resource transfers through a clear schedule linked closely to the annual detailed implementation plans. Authorize the release of resources and verify that there are no- duplications in recipients.
* Work closely with Village Enterprise to align and manage cash transfers with the project’s Adapted Nutrition-friendly Graduation Model pilot.
* Support and conduct market assessments (including financial landscape) to determine the appropriate modalities (cash, voucher, in-kind distributions) and related market support interventions.
* Adapt and/or create (when relevant) guidelines and standard operating procedures (SOPs) for the use of CAT and/or other beneficiary and resource transfer management platforms for the project cycle (set up; integration with other relevant systems, beneficiaries management, vendor management, card and device management, payments/transfers, MEAL, etc.).
* Build capacity of Nawiri team on the use of CAT and/or other beneficiary and resource transfer management platforms.
* Ensure compliance with national and donor reporting requirements related to resource transfer.
* Verify compliance to CRS and donor’s policy and procedures at every step of the process flow, particularly with respect to segregation of duty.
* Troubleshoot when issues arise to ensure efficient payments.
* Report and address duplication of services among project participants.
* Authorize release of resources according to SOPs.
* Work closely with the Project Partners to ensure quality bi-weekly Post Distribution Monitoring (PDM) is conducted after every disbursement.
* Together with the Project Partners, participate in the Market Price Monitoring.
* Liaise with other relevant resource transfer projects, programs, and providers including government departments (to be determined).
* Contribute to the development of project learning agenda in the area of cash (vouchers), in-kind resource transfer, and markets, as well as related MEAL.
* Actively participate and represent CRS in relevant practitioner networks such as Cash Learning Partnerships (CaLP) and the Collaborative Cash Delivery (CCD) Network in Kenya.
* Very good strategic, analytical, systems thinking, and problem-solving skills, with capacity to see the big picture and ability to make sound judgment and decisions.
* Very good relations management abilities. Ability to relate to people at all levels internally and externally. Strategic in how you approach each relationship.
* Proactive, resourceful, solutions-oriented and results-oriented.
* Manages financial resources with integrity.
* Excellent communication skills.
Travel Required: 50% field travel to wards within isiolo County
Key Working Relationships:
Internal: Nawiri DCOP – Operations & Programming; County Head of Offices; Systems strengthening and institutionalization lead, Graduation pilot Lead; Financial Inclusion Specialist; Nawiri Project Officers, all Nawiri Technical Leads and respective regional technical teams.
External: Consortium partners, implementing partners, government bodies at different levels, especially those related to resource transfers.
Typical Background, Experience & Requirements:
Education and Experience
* Bachelor’s degree in Business Administration, Data Management, Computer Sciences, Information Management, Emergency Relief, Rural Development or related studies.
* Previous experience with a beneficiary and resource transfer management platform.
* At least 5 years of professional experience 2 of which should be related to management of resource transfer programs.
* Demonstrated skills in cash and markets programs.
* Experience in market assessment and market systems approaches in development programming.
* Demonstrated skills and enthusiasm for use of ICT4D.
* Ability and proven experience transferring knowledge through formal and informal training.
* Knowledge of technical principles and concepts in cash and market programming including knowledge of SEEP
Minimum Economic Recovery Standards.
* Experience and skills in networking and relations with donors, peer organizations, and faith-based and civil society partners. Understanding of partnership principles.
* Previous experience in USAID projects; BHA a plus.
* Previous experience in working in Northern Kenya is an added advantage.
* Experience in MS Office package (Excel, Word, PowerPoint, Visio), Web Conferencing Applications, and information and budget management systems.
* Locals are encourage to apply
Agency-wide Competencies (for all CRS Staff):
These are rooted in the mission, values, and guiding principles of CRS and used by each staff member to fulfill his or her responsibilities and achieve the desired results.
* Builds Relationships
* Develops Talent
* Accountability & Stewardship
* Continuous Improvement
* Strategic Mindset
What we offer
CRS offers a comprehensive benefits package and the opportunity to work in a collaborative, mission-driven culture that is committed to improving the lives of the poor throughout the world.
***Our Catholic identity is at the heart of our mission and operations. Catholic Relief Services carries out the commitment of the Bishops of the United States to assist the poor and vulnerable overseas. We welcome as a part of our staff people of all faiths and secular traditions who share our values and our commitment to serving those in need. CRS’ processes and policies reflect our commitment to protecting children and vulnerable adults from abuse and exploitation.
Disclaimer: This job description is not an exhaustive list of the skill, effort, duties, and responsibilities associated with the position.
CRS' talent acquisition procedures reflect our comm itment to protecting children and vulnerable adults from abuse and exploitation. CRS Kenya strives to be a place where a diverse mix of talented people want to come and work, stay, and do their best.
EOE/M/F/D/V - CRS is an Equal Opportunity Employer. (For all US and International positions)
Closing Date: December 24, 2020
Catholic Relief Services carries out the commitment of the Bishops of the United States to assist the poor and vulnerable overseas. Our Catholic identity is at the heart of our mission and operations. We welcome as a part of our staff and as partners people of all faiths and secular traditions who share our values and our commitment to serving those in need.
How to apply:
Apply to Job