Project Lead Localisation
NGO Jobs / UN Jobs Vacancy
Save the Children International has an exciting opportunity for you to join our team as the Project Lead - Localisation ( Fixed Term - 12 months). Save the Children is evolving its organisational structure in order to stay true to its mission, vision and values, whilst being able to withstand external pressures - be those geo-political demands; increasing stakeholder expectations; challenging funding environments; reduced access to funding; or declining trust in large INGOs. Localisation specifically is a key trend across the sector & a priority for SCA. Localisation means different things for different organisations and we need to define what this means for our movement, the options we have to explore and the functional and ultimately transformation activities that would need to be undertaken to achieve the required outcomes.
Initially our intention is to complete a feasibility assessment to understand the required end state (definition of what localisation means for our organisation), impact and options to move forwards and the Project Lead will be accountable for delivery of this assessment as well as defining the start-up approach. This will include setting up the governance, ensuring the required team / reference groups are in place, working with the BA and financial analyst to complete the functional inventory of all processes / activities and how these are impacted by the proposed localisation end state, determining options to move forwards, ensuring a thorough review of the associated change impact of options and how this would impact teams across our organisation, identifying and proposing mitigations for project risks and issues, define the costs and benefits and facilitate the required governance to move the completed feasibility assessment through the approvals process. Critical to this work will be ensuring alignment with the 2022-24 Strategy definition that is currently underway to ensure that our localisation agenda is tied effectively to our priorities for the coming years.
The Project Lead has the potential to progress into start-up if the project is confirmed but this will be determined based on requirements for the role following completion of the feasibility.
EXPERIENCE AND SKILLS
- Experience leading a project focused on making changes to operating structures and procedures for an organisation across multiple geographic locations including those with complex labour laws. It is essential this includes experience managing the associated legal, staffing and system requirements
- Experience leading the rollout of a global standardised process and solution in Save the Children. This will ensure the individual can learn from previous deployments and hit the ground running
- A track record of successfully managing projects in terms of core Project Management activities as well as managing the associated change
- Demonstrable experience and in-depth knowledge of programme and project practices and standards
- A proven ability to deliver projects on time / on budget, using project management processes and tools including risk management, benefits management, financial management and quality assurance
- Proven experience of using and leading change management activities including change impact
A proven ability to apply excellent analytical and problem solving skills, and to work collaboratively to deliver of effective solutions to project related issues. This will include taking on hands on analysis activities to support the wider (small) team as required
Highly developed organisational awareness and ability to understand any sensitivities within a complex multi-stakeholder structure; and think creatively and strategically to overcome obstacles to cooperation and progress
Team leadership capabilities to support and guide team members and ensure they are clear on their responsibilities and are held to account for their delivery
Strong business requirements collection, and process/workflow analysis skills
Excellent communication skills (written & oral English), including the ability to communicate and influence at all levels of the organisation
Able to demonstrate instances of initiative that have delivered organisational benefits
Cultural awareness and experience of delivering solutions internationally
- Experience of working on Organisation Design projects
- Non-profit sector knowledge/experience
- Proficiency in a second core language of Save the Children (French, Spanish, Portuguese or Arabic
We offer a competitive package in the context of the sector with an option of flexible of working hours
We employ approximately 25,000 people across the globe and work on the ground in over 100 countries to help children affected by crises, or those that need better healthcare, education and child protection. We also campaign and advocate at the highest levels to realise the right of children and to ensure their voices are heard.
We are working towards three breakthroughs in how the world treats children by 2030:
- No child dies from preventable causes before their 5th birthday
- All children learn from a quality basic education and that,
- Violence against children is no longer tolerated
We know that great people make a great organization, and that our employees play a crucial role in helping us achieve our ambitions for children. We value our people and offer a meaningful and rewarding career, along with a collaborative and inclusive environment where ambition, creativity, and integrity are highly valued.
Please attach a copy of your CV and cover letter with your application, and include details of your current remuneration and salary expectations. A copy of the full role profile can be found at www.savethechildren.net/careers/apply
We need to keep children safe so our selection process, which includes rigorous background checks, reflects our commitment to the protection of children from abuse.
All employees are expected to carry out their duties in accordance with our global anti-harassment policy.
Save the Children does not charge a fee at any stage of the recruitment process.
How to apply:
Please follow this link to apply:
Apply to Job