Project director | Malawi | 2020
NGO Jobs / UN Jobs Vacancy
Chemonics seeks a project director for Component Two of the anticipated five-year, $80 million USAID Client Oriented Response for HIV Epidemic Control (CORE) project in Malawi. CORE aims to reduce HIV morbidity and mortality, increase uptake of preventive services, and improve the availability and use of quality site-level data. CORE will focus on interventions that are expected to have the greatest impact on achieving and sustaining epidemic control and are supported by a strong evidence basis.
The project director is responsible for the overall planning, implementation, monitoring, and management of the performance of the contract. The project director will also set the vision, strategic direction, and management systems of the project to achieve the objectives and expected outcomes of the project. This position is based in Lilongwe, Malawi, and Component Two will work in the following five districts: Machinga, Mangochi, Phalombe, Salima, and Balaka. We are looking for individuals who have a passion for making a difference in the lives of people around the world.
- Provide overall project leadership, management, and technical direction in HIV service delivery and coordination of development assistance efforts for the PEPFAR Malawi program, while ensuring compliance with USAID requirements, U.S. government regulations, and Chemonics policies and procedures
- Liaise with USAID/Malawi, the government of Malawi, Ministry of Health, civil society organizations, and other local partners to coordinate activities and facilitate monitoring and reporting of project progress and achievements
- Mentor, support, and supervise activity staff and facilitate the development of all activity deliverables, ensuring timely submission and quality of all work plans, reports, and checklist submissions in accordance with cooperative agreement terms
- Facilitate processes that bring multiple stakeholders together to engage in complex policy issues, and stimulate collective action on identified areas of concern
- Identify issues and risks related to project implementation in a timely manner, and suggest appropriate programming adjustments
- Manage and supervise the work of project personnel, subcontractors, and grantees, with a focus on core results, achievement of work plan targets, and timely implementation
- Ensure all project assistance is technically sound and appropriate
- Serve as the official representative and point-of-contact for the project
- Bachelor’s degree required, Master of Public Health or Doctor of Medicine degree preferred
- Minimum of seven years of demonstrated successful leadership in managing large, complex HIV programs within a developing country context
- Demonstrated leadership in fostering successful partnership approaches and relationships among a variety of varying organizations/institutions
- Demonstrated experience in USAID and PEPFAR work-planning and reporting processes
- Background in clinical service delivery and program management, including the use of data for decision-making
- Demonstrated experience in working with government and non-governmental organizations to yield results toward common goals
- Demonstrated ability to communicate effectively orally and in writing
- Demonstrated ability to develop and maintain effective working relationships with senior level government officials, donors, private for profit and non-profit sectors
- Demonstrated leadership, versatility, and integrity
- Demonstrated written, presentation, and communication skills in English
How to apply:
Send resume and cover letter in electronic submissions to https://ghdrecruit.formstack.com/forms/malawi_core_proposal. No telephone inquiries, please. Finalists will be contacted
Chemonics is an equal opportunity employer and does not discriminate in its selection and employment practices on the basis of race, color, religion, sex, national origin, political affiliation, sexual orientation, gender identity, marital status, disability, genetic information, age, membership in an employee organization, or other non-merit factors.
Chemonics values the protection of your personal data. If you are in the European Union, please read our EU Recruiting Data Privacy Notice to learn how we process personal data. You may access the notice via the following link: https://chemonics.com/eu-recruiting-data-privacy-notice/.
Apply to Job