Program Officer Disaster Risk Reduction
NGO Jobs / UN Jobs Vacancy
Program Officer Disaster Risk Reduction
The programme Officer Education provides ongoing, implementation, monitoring & evaluation and reporting of Disaster Risk Reduction activities (DRR) under NORAD in the districts of Gulu, Omoro, Amuru and Nwoya. S/he is responsible for planning, implementing, building capacity support and coordinating of DRR in schools, school catchment areas and the district. The person works closely with partners/districts/community structures/schools, prepares plans, field reports and monitors activity implementation on Disaster Risk Reduction. The Programme Officer may be called upon as and when necessary to support the emergency team in cases of humanitarian crisis.
Skills and Experience:
- Minimum of a bachelor's degree in Agriculture, Environmental Management, Social Sciences, Development Studies or related field, or equivalent accrued working experience;
- Minimum of three years working experience in Disaster Risk Reduction, food security, and community based adaptation, livelihoods and Nutrition programming in Uganda (preferably with an International NGO);
- Motorcycle Riding skills are a must.
- Ability to speak the local language is of added advantage
- Extensive knowledge and experience in application of participatory tools and methodologies in programming.
- Experience of working with local partners and District Local Government in Child Rights Governance, Health, Nutrition, Education or Child Protection is an added advantage.
- Strong analytical skills and strategic planning abilities.
- Ability to establish and maintain conducive collegial relations and perform effectively as a member of a team.
- Willingness to travel and work in hard-to-reach areas, occasionally under strenuous conditions.
- Computer literacy and excellent documentation skills are a must.
- Availability and willingness to work extra hours during times of humanitarian responses.
- Highly developed cultural awareness and ability to work well in an international environment with people from diverse backgrounds and cultures
- Ability to intervene with crisis management or troubleshooting as necessary.
- Highly developed interpersonal and communication skills including influencing, negotiation and coaching
- Excellent time management and planning capacity
- Availability and willingness to work extra hours during times of humanitarian responses
We employ approximately 25,000 people across the globe and work on the ground in over 100 countries to help children affected by crises, or those that need better healthcare, education and child protection. We also campaign and advocate at the highest levels to realize the right of children and to ensure their voices are heard.
We are working towards three breakthroughs in how the world treats children by 2030:
- No child dies from preventable causes before their 5th birthday
- All children learn from a quality basic education and that,
- Violence against children is no longer tolerated
We know that great people make a great organization, and that our employees play a crucial role in helping us achieve our ambitions for children. We value our people and offer a meaningful and rewarding career, along with a collaborative and inclusive workplace where ambition, creativity, and integrity are highly valued.
Please apply using a cover letter and up-to-date CV as a single document. Please also include details of your current remuneration and salary expectations. A copy of the full role profile can be found at careers
We need to keep children safe so our selection process, which includes rigorous background checks, reflects our commitment to the protection of children from abuse.
Application closes on 18th December 2020 at midnight Uganda time.
Save the Children is an equal opportunity employer and seeks to employ and assign the best qualified talent, persons with disabilities and female candidates are encouraged to apply.
Disclaimer: Save the Children International does not charge any kind of fee at whichever stage of the recruitment process and does not act through recruitment agents
How to apply:
Please follow this link to apply:
Apply to Job