Program Manager – Digital Health
NGO Jobs / UN Jobs Vacancy
Why Join IntraHealth?
IntraHealth International is a global health nonprofit that has worked for 40 years in over 100 countries. We improve the performance of health workers and strengthen the systems in which they work so that everyone everywhere has the health care they need to thrive.
IntraHealth’s programs generate long-term social and economic impact to keep communities around the world healthy, strong, and prosperous. And our dynamic staff are passionate about global health and committed to excellence.
Join us. The future of global health starts here.
SUMMARY OF ROLE
IntraHealth International is leading the new five-year CDC-funded project, titled, Namibia Project for Information System Strengthening, Continuous Quality Improvement and Enhance Surveillance to Sustain Epidemic Control under the President’s Emergency Plan for AIDS Relief. The first year of the project is focused on the technical development, refinement, and data use processes for Namibia’s HIV data collection system called ePMS Quantum. Working closely with our partner, IntraHealth Namibia, the Program Manager will lead a small team charged with taking a pragmatic, needs-based approach to supporting the Government of Namibia’s interests in improving ePMS Quantum, with special attention to working closely to strengthen the capacity of the Response, Monitoring & Evaluation Subdivision; Directorate of Special Programs, Ministry of Health and Social Services to lead Quantum and improve use of Quantum data and reports at the facility level.
The Program Manager is responsible for coordinating work plan activities on time and in scope, compiling reports, and ensuring the quality of technical assistance and activity implementation of the project. S/he will serve as the key representative of the project to the Government of Namibia and s/he will coordinate all activities related to supporting ePMS Quantum with all implementing partners including the Ministry of Health and Social Services. The Program Manager will lead a small team comprised of a Systems Developer, Systems Analyst, consultant, and project focal points in the RM&E. The Program Manager reports to the Senior Program Manager and is expected to work independently with limited supervision. S/he will work from IntraHealth International’s office in Windhoek
- Serve as the team lead of IntraHealth International’s support to the Ministry of Health and Social Services, Government of Namibia in improving and supporting use of ePMS Quantum through adaptive digital health program management approaches that include coordinating, tracking, and delivering on work plan activities.
- Responsible for ensuring appropriate agile project management processes and tools (e.g. BaseCamp, JIRA) are in place for ePMS Quantum development, serving as a liaison between software specialists, government and NGO stakeholders, PEPFAR partners and the CDC to ensure work items are properly articulated, resourced and prioritized.
- Develop and implement a collaborative partnership and work plan with the Government of Namibia’s RM&E Unit to identify and support focal points in the government who will serve as champion Quantum specialists to help prioritize and implement key systems improvements and data use practices.
- Lead the process of conducting a system review to identify and prioritize feasible revisions and upgrades for EPMS Quantum within timeframe by providing business analyst support through leading consultations with stakeholders and the introduction and use of strong documentation processes.
- Serve as the project Focal Point in country for IntraHealth International and as the team lead providing project leadership and program management support to a systems developer and systems analyst and managing the selection and work of a FileMakerPro consultant.
- Conduct or support regular virtual stakeholders communications of ePMS Quantum changes to external partners, working closely with the ePMS Quantum Technical Working Group.
- Support stakeholder data analysis and use of data for planning, management and advocacy for policy change.
- Manages project operations including work planning and activity monitoring, budget development and general financial management.
- Ensures deliverables are on track and of high technical quality.
- Provides monthly updates to CDC and leads development of all donor and project reporting needs.
EDUCATION AND EXPERIENCE REQUIREMENTS
- A Bachelor’s degree in related field with 8 years of related experience or a Master’s degree and 4 years of related experience, or an equivalent combination of education and experience.
- Strong project management and activity coordination experience
- At least two years of demonstrated experience in digital program management and/or digital systems improvement with strong preference for experience in providing technical support in the management of health information systems or robust digital health platforms.
- Good knowledge of Namibia’s health information system both at national, regional and district levels. Expertise in program management including development and monitoring workplans, and ensuring deliverables are delivered to donors on time.
Collaborative team leadership skills that seek to create a positive and productive work environment.
Strong verbal and written communication skills, including ability to write and edit reports and other documentation deliverables in English.
Candidate must be a Namibian citizenship or have Permanent Residency.
- Candidates with some experience in HIV data collection and programming.
Organizational Stewardship: Approaches role and duties as a primary caretaker and steward of the organization, encourages a cooperative environment that focuses on placing the organization’s interests and success first before his/hers, another individual, department or team.
Client Relationship Management: Knowledge and ability to determine and satisfy current client needs and maintain a partnering relationship during engagements; includes influencing, communicating, presenting, facilitating; build and manage new relationships and collaborative alliances. **
Strategic Thinking: Applies organizational knowledge to identify and maintain focus on key success factors for IntraHealth while recognizing, anticipating and resolving organizational challenges. Ability to develop organization- and industry-specific expertise and apply sound decision-making processes to reach productive resolutions that translates strategy into actionable business plans.
Business Acumen: Knowledge, insight, and application of business concepts, tools, and processes that are required for making sound decisions in the context of IntraHealth’s business; ability to apply this knowledge appropriately to diverse situations; including supporting, identifying, assessing, and/or securing new business for the organization.
Effective Communication: Understands effective communication concepts, tools and techniques; ability to effectively transmit, explain complex technical concepts in simple, clear language (English and other required languages) appropriate to the audience; and receive, and accurately interpret ideas, information, and needs through the application of appropriate professional communication behaviors.
Summary of Benefits
IntraHealth International, Inc. is a great place to work and prides itself on its comprehensive benefits package. We offer competitive salaries and a dynamic inclusive work environment which supports health workers so they can improve the lives of people throughout the world.
IntraHealth International is proud to be an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability status, protected veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by law, and requires affirmative action to ensure equality of opportunity in all aspects of employment. This is also to include inquiry about, disclosing, or discussing their compensation or the compensation of other applicants or employees.
To apply and learn more about IntraHealth Careers @: http://www.intrahealth.org/section/careers
How to apply:
Apply to Job