NGO Jobs / UN Jobs Vacancy
Procurement Manager - DRSLPII-AfDB Procurement, Somalia / Somaliland Country Office
The Procurement Manager - AfDB procurement will plan and execute all procurement related activities under the Drought Resilience and Sustainable Livelihoods Program (DRSLP 2) Somalia Project and other projects funded by the African Development Bank (AfDB) using AfDB procurement policies and procedures under the guidance of the Intergovernmental Authority on Development (IGAD). S/he will be the main link between the Save the Children Procurement function and procurement counterparts in IGAD and AfDB.
In the event of a major humanitarian emergency, the role holder will be expected to work outside the normal role profile and be able to vary working hours accordingly.
Contract Duration: 1 year
Location: Nairobi / Somalia
Qualifications and Experience
- Bachelor's degree or equivalent in relevant field - procurement, supply chain management, public procurement, or related fields from a reputable university
- Professional Procurement Certification (e.g. CIPS, CPSM) - achieved or studying towards
- Strong preference for candidates with both qualifications
- Master's degree an advantage.
- 5 to 8 years' relevant experience of procurement in projects financed by multilateral development banks (strong preference for experience in AfDB funded projects) and/or other international/bilateral aid agencies - using their own procurement policies and procedures
- Professional knowledge of public procurement legislations and international/national procurement policies & procedures
- Strong communication, analytical, project management and problem solving skills
- Strong track record of integrity and exposure to best-in-class processes of managing integrity issues with vendors
- Good oral and written communication skills in English
- Ability to build effective working relationships quickly with a wide range of people, both internally and externally - across multiple cultures
- Excellent planning, management and coordination skills, with the ability to organize a substantial workload comprised of complex, diverse tasks and responsibilities
- Strong communication skills - written and spoken English
- Willingness and ability to travel and work in Somalia / Somaliland.
- Experience in the following areas is desirable:
- Procurement / Logistics experience in fragile humanitarian contexts
- High value procurement / contract management
- Ability and willingness to dramatically change work practices and hours, and work with incoming surge teams, in the event of emergencies
- Highly developed cultural awareness and ability to work well in an international and matrix management environment with people from diverse backgrounds and cultures.
We employ approximately 25,000 people across the globe and work on the ground in over 100 countries to help children affected by crises, or those that need better healthcare, education and child protection. We also campaign and advocate at the highest levels to realise the right of children and to ensure their voices are heard.
We are working towards three breakthroughs in how the world treats children by 2030:
- No child dies from preventable causes before their 5th birthday
- All children learn from a quality basic education and that,
- Violence against children is no longer tolerated.
We know that great people make a great organization, and that our employees play a crucial role in helping us achieve our ambitions for children. We value our people and offer a meaningful and rewarding career, along with a collaborative and inclusive environment where ambition, creativity, and integrity are highly valued.
Please apply in English saving your CV and cover letter as a single document, including details of your current remuneration and salary expectations for this role. A copy of the full role profile can be found at
We need to keep children safe so our selection process, which includes rigorous background checks, reflects our commitment to the protection of children from abuse.
All employees are expected to carry out their duties in accordance with our global anti-harassment policy.
Save the Children International does not charge any kind of fee at whichever stage of the recruitment process and does not act through recruitment agents.
How to apply:
Please follow this link to apply:
Apply to Job