Procurement & Logistics Manager
NGO Jobs / UN Jobs Vacancy
- Help us end avoidable blindness in Kenya
- Do you want to do work that really matters?
- Key role within a world-renowned international development NGO
- Full time, fixed-term position, Located in Nairobi, Kenya
The Fred Hollows Foundation is one of the world’s largest and most innovative eye health international development organizations, having restored sight to more than 3 million people around the world. We are an ambitious organization, committed to making a difference and end avoidable blindness, however, we recognize that we cannot do this alone.
Founded in 1992 in honor of late Professor Fred Hollows, world-renowned eye surgeon and social activist from Australia, The Foundation has been one of the fastest-growing international NGOs in healthcare.
It’s not just what we do that’s important, it’s the way that we do it that matters. We work hand in hand with our communities and partners who together, share the same goals and determination. We focus on results and are passionate about making affordable and accessible eye care a reality for everyone so that no one person is needlessly blind. Working together we deepen our impact.
About the Position
The Procurement & Logistics Manager will be responsible and accountable for the delivery of all procurement and logistics related activities in accordance with the organization’s procurement and logistics policies and procedures. He/ She will lead operational country-assessments, including supply chain management, purchasing, facilities, and fleet management. Serving as the procurement specialist and responsible for developing and standardizing operations processes and systems in accordance with country office guidance and directives.
Specific responsibilities include (not limited to)
- Liaise with Program staff to ensure any requirements for procurement support are identified approved and procured in a timely, well-documented and cost-efficient manner. Implement an annual planning process to streamline repetitive procurement of goods to increase competitive tendering and internal processes.
- Establish and update supplier database for both medical and non-medical materials, as necessary arrange for preferred supplier agreements for types of supplies as well as services that will be demanded on a regular basis.
- Responsible for all logistics, procurement, and distribution of medical and non-medical supplies for the needs of the programs and operations of FHF Kenya.
- Provide professional advice in relation to drugs and medical supplies.
- Keep abreast and ensure FHF Kenya team is updated of changes in regulatory policy changes as related to pharmaceuticals and medical supplies.
- Ensure transport needs are met on time and efficiently managed with sound transport need scheduling so that operational and programmatic activities run smoothly.
- Participate in budget preparation and monitoring of budgetary allocation of procurement items to ensure compliance.
- Proactively identify and manage risk in own area ensuring compliance with all relevant legislation, industry codes, FHF policies and procedures including timely completion of compliance training where required.
- Organize Procurement training for both program and operations staff on a regular basis.
About You! To be successful in this role, we are seeking someone with the following experience and skills.
- Demonstrate practical experience in procurement and logistics management including pharmaceutical supplies within the field of supply chain management and medical distribution support within a public health context.
- Master’s degree in Procurement, Supplies or Logistics.
- Have at least 7 years of relevant experience in non-governmental sector at managerial or coordination level.
- Proven record of experience in the management of strategic procurement and logistics at a management level.
- Excellent knowledge of the local regulatory environment, including knowledge of customs clearance and importing processes.
- Experience in pharmaceutical and general supply chain management.
Something extra to get our attention!
- Basic knowledge of ophthalmic equipment
- Ability to understand budgets and clearly delineate high value and volume procurement
How to apply:
How to apply and who to contact
Applications should be made via our website: https://www.hollows.org/au/careers/current-vacancies and should include your resume and cover letter addressing all areas expressed in the ‘experience, skills & attributes’ section of the Role Purpose as well as details of your current and expected salary.
Alternatively, if you would like further information please contact our Talent Acquisition Specialist team via email at firstname.lastname@example.org Applications sent to this email shall be automatically disqualified.
Applications close: 17th December 2020
The Fred Hollows Foundation is committed to protecting the rights of children in all areas where we work. Applicants are advised that The Foundation reserves the right to conduct police checks and other screening procedures to ensure we maintain and promote a child-safe environment.
Apply to Job