Private Sector Partnerships Liaison Officer
NGO Jobs / UN Jobs Vacancy
Private Sector Partnerships PSP Liaison Officer- UNOPS IICA-2 Marketing & Emergency Section
UNHCR, the UN Refugee Agency, is offering a PSP Liaison Officer- UNOPS IICA-2 position
within the Marketing & Emergency Section - Private Sector Partnerships Service.
UNHCR is a global organization dedicated to saving lives, protecting rights and building a better
future for refugees, forcibly displaced communities and stateless people. Every year, millions
of men, women and children are forced to flee their homes to escape conflict and persecution.
We are in over 130 countries, using our expertise to protect and care for millions. UNHCR is
almost entirely funded by voluntary contributions from governments and private donors.
- Title: PSP Liaison Officer
- Duty Station: Copenhagen, Denmark
- Duration: 01 March – 31st December 2021
- Contract Type: UNOPS International Specialist, Level IICA - 2
- Closing date: 10th January 2021
UNHCR is involved in additional emergency operations every year, with the numbers of people of concern to the organization growing exponentially. All the while there seem to be fewer solutions and options available to refugees and other displaced and affected populations. The scope of both the new and protracted emergency operations exceed the funds available, therefore PSP has expanded its emergency and thematic fundraising capacity to support (emergency) operations world-wide. To achieve the maximum impact and ensure close collaboration around the world, it is increasingly important that UNHCR is aligned in its outreach and that a holistic approach is maintained. The Liaison Officer would help towards uniting approaches and visions within PSP and across the organisation.
This position would support the functions of the Marketing and Emergencies service, and would be situated within the PSP Emergencies Unit, which is responsible for overseeing fundraising strategy and support for UNHCR emergencies, and provide the key liaison with other PSP units, markets and the wider UNHCR, in particular HQs divisions, bureaus and field operations, as well as other external partners if and when required.
Support is needed to ensure that PSP markets, bureaus, operations, divisions are all aligned and well-coordinated to rapidly and efficiently coordinate, cooperate, communicate, raise awareness and fundraise in times of crisis. The position will ensure that all the PSP offices and National Partners, and key stakeholders across UNHCR are informed and serviced in a timely manner.
This post holder will function under the direct supervision of the Emergency Fundraising Coordination Officer who sits under the Chief of the PSP Marketing and Emergencies Section.
Purpose and Scope
The PSP Liaison Officer:
• Serves as a key liaison within the Marketing and Emergencies team (campaigns, content, emergencies and private sector engagement), within PSP as a whole and with the PSP markets;
• Ensures smooth collaboration, engagement and communication between PSP and UNHCR’s strategic divisions, bureaus and country operations, and other partners if and when required;
• Makes sure every one is kept abreast of new and ongoing developments, and is aligned;
• Ensures smooth and effective management of content needs and requests for emergencies and other PSP purposes;
• Will work as one with PSP content team in close liaison with the Global Communications Service (GCS) content hub, content hubs in the regions and colleagues supporting content gathering efforts in the field, as well as freelancers and contractors as needed.
• Will regularly liaise with markets, seek feedback on material provided and identify needs which will inform the work of the emergencies, content, campaigns and PPH units;
• Ensures requests from markets are compiled, prioritized, reprioritized according to urgency, strategic relevance of the market and fundraising potential;
• Develops concept papers, briefings, background papers and other relevant papers linked to the work of the unit;
• Identifies opportunities for partnerships and coordinate with, and among, key stakeholders;
• Contributes to the planning and design of activities and initiatives (emergencies, thematic appeals, other intiaitives) supporting the wider Emergencies and Marketing Section, in close coordination with the wider UNHCR;
• Continuously works towards improving workflow and efficiency;
• Recommends and proposes and implements strategies to improve areas of accountability shared between offices and sections;
• Supports keeping up to date and further developing the SharePoint PSP Emergencies and content pages and community of practice to ensure timely information sharing, effective liaison and engagement of PSP markets and other stakeholders, especially on content needs and asset sharing;
• Helps collect and analyze data on content assets performance and results by markets on emergency and thematic appeals that can be used to identify improvement opportunities for relationships between PSP, GCS, Bureaux and field operations;
• Maintains the contact lists for emergency and content updates and of key stakeholders across PSP global teams, markets, GCS, Bureaux and field operations;
• Builds and maintains relationships with fundraising markets to ensure clear communication about planned projects; • Schedules and supports with briefings on major thematic issues, campaigns and emergency content;
• Identifies areas for collaboration on key projects with fundraising markets and supports sharing of lessons learned, joint reviews and analysis to inform future appeals/campaigns;
• Performs other related duties as required.
Monitoring & Progress
• Work with markets is undertaken in close collaboration with regional teams.
• Projects are efficiently managed and it is ensured that they will resonate across multiple markets.
• Projects are well coordinated and internal stakeholders are engaged effectively and appropriately.
• Weekly reporting into the Chief of Section.
Essential minimum qualifications and professional experience required
The ideal candidate will possess the following qualifications.
• Bachelor or Master’s Degree or advanced degree in Development, International Relations, Social Science, communication, marketing journalism or any related field.
• A minimum of 6 years (or 5years with a masters degree) of relevant professional experience in the field of communication and coordination.
• Demonstrated understanding of operational processes within the development and humanitarian context.
• Previous experience within humanitarian organization is a requirement
• Knowledge of private sector fundraising is desirable but not required
• Experience within emergency is desirable but not required
• Excellent verbal and written communication skills
• Self-motivated with a willingness to take initiative and solve complex problems
• Capability to negotiate with and influence others
• Ability to thrive in a fast-paced and sometimes high-pressure environment
• Ability to communicate with people at all levels
• Capability to work to deadlines and prioritise tasks
• Demonstrated coordination skills and problem-solving abilities.
• Fluency in English (oral and written), knowledge of French or another UN language will be an asset though not essential.
• Project management and planning skills.
• Stakeholder management skills.
• Communication skills with strong interpersonal skills to liaise with staff members of different cultural, ethnic and education backgrounds.
• Analytical skills.
The successful candidate will be based in Copenhagen, Denmark.
This position is initially up to the end of the year with possibility of extension. It is a full-time
role starting from 8.30am to 5pm Monday to Friday (40 hours per week).
How to apply:
To learn more and to apply, visit https://bit.ly/2KlJ88h.
Closing date for the receipt of applications: 10th January 2021 midnight (Copenhagen time).
The UNHCR workforce consists of many diverse nationalities, cultures, languages and opinions. UNHCR seeks to sustain and strengthen this diversity to ensure equal opportunities as well as an inclusive working environment for its entire workforce. Applications are encouraged from all qualified candidates without distinction on grounds of race, colour, sex, national origin, age, religion, disability, sexual orientation and gender identity.
Apply to Job