Policy Manager (UK Political Influence)
NGO Jobs / UN Jobs Vacancy
We are looking a Policy Manager to join our Strategy Group.
The Strategy Group oversees HALO’s global donor partnerships, manages HALO’s policy and advocacy engagement, and monitoring, evaluation, accountability and learning. We work across HALO’s UK offices in Scotland and Salisbury, and in roving global roles.
This position will offer opportunities for an individual wishing to develop their career within a well-respected international development organisation. Key responsibilities will include:
- Oversee the day-to-day management of a UK parliamentary and political engagement strategy
- Monitor, assess and influence parliamentary business relevant to HALO’s strategy and intent, including debates, committee proceedings and All Party Parliamentary Groups
- Maintain a rolling map of parliamentary and UK policy stakeholders and undertake direct outreach against agreed plans
- Support HALO’s outreach to policy and research partners, identifying and developing public policy partnerships
- Coordinate and support the delivery of HALO external policy events
- Oversee the production and dissemination of high quality policy and influence briefs for internal and external stakeholders
- Produce high-quality and concise summary and analysis of policy developments, ensuring timely disseminations to HALO stakeholders
- Support the coordination of the HALO Ambassador programme
- Establish and maintain a strong working relationship, including integrated planning cycle, with HALO USA and HALO’s philanthropy and communications teams.
Location of the successful candidate is flexible however you will be required to attend our offices in Wilton and Thornhill with regular travel to London and Glasgow.
If you wish to apply for this role please submit your CV (no more than 2 pages) and a covering letter (no more than 1 page) no later than Monday 21 December 2020. Interviews are expected to take place week commencing 11 January 2021.
- Experience of UK parliamentary lobbying including engagement with parliamentarians and their teams
- Comprehensive knowledge of UK parliamentary business including questions, committees, All Party Parliamentary Groups and legislative process
- An existing network of parliamentary and interest group contacts
- Experience of engaging/establishing all Party Parliamentary Groups
- Demonstrable track-record of building influence network involving NGOs, for-profit partners, interest groups and parliamentarians
- Proven experience of convening round table meetings and public policy events
- High quality presentational, briefing and policy writing skills
- Knowledge of international policy issues relevant to HALO’s work and strategy
- Higher education degree in a field relevant to HALO’s work
- Experience of working in an advocacy or public affairs team
- Experience working on policy issues relevant to HALO’s work
- Experience working with senior public figures and officials
- Experience working for/with leading UK think thanks and research organisations
- Knowledge of policy issues relevant to conflict, disarmament and the environment
How to apply:
To make your appliction, please click on the link below:
Apply to Job