PH MD PM - MOZAMBIQUE
NGO Jobs / UN Jobs Vacancy
Doctors with Africa CUAMM is the first NGO in the healthcare area officially recognized in Italy.
Founded in 1950 with the aim of training doctors to work in developing countries, CUAMM is working in Angola, Ethiopia, Mozambique, Sierra Leone, South Sudan, Tanzania, Uganda and the Central African Republic implementing healthcare projects in partnership with local governments and institutions.
JOB TITLE: Public Health MD Project Manager
JOB LOCATION: Mozambique, Cabo Delgado
START DATE: January/February 2021
DURATION: 6-12 months
- University Degree in Medicine with Specialization, Master or equivalent title in Public Health
- Good knowledge of Portuguese
- Experience in managing health cooperation projects and PH activities
- Previous experience in developing countries; previous experience in Public Health in African context will be considered an asset
- Ability to use statistical and epidemiological analysis software
In his/her role as Project Manager, the Public Health Expert is responsible for the general coordination and implementation of a project focused in particular on neonatal and child health. The specific tasks are:
- maintain relations with local authorities and organizations in the area, promoting coordination meetings and participating in meetings for monitoring and revision of health policy
- supervise the development and implementation of a training program for the health personnel involved in the project
- develop a supervision program of the health centers and hospitals involved in the project, in collaboration with local health authorities and in line with national guidelines
- ensure proper data collection and analysis
- guarantee the implementation and monitoring of community activities
- ensure proper management of project resources (human, financial and material resources)
- develop the periodic work plans and reports
How to apply:
Please note that only shortlisted candidates will be contacted.
The selection process is based on non-discrimination criteria and candidates are taken into consideration without distinction of ethnicity, gender, political orientation, religion, personal opinions, sexual orientation.
Doctors with Africa CUAMM does not tolerate any abuse, exploitation or violence against vulnerable children and adults, nor other behaviour that does not respect human dignity from its own staff, partner staff or other staff associated with the NGO.
All selected candidates will be expected to adhere to the mission and values of the organization, nondiscrimination policies and safeguarding principles.
Apply to Job