NGO Jobs / UN Jobs Vacancy
Overview of CTG:
- CTG support and manage humanitarian projects in fragile and conflict-affected countries around the world. With past performance in 15 countries – from the Middle East, Africa, Europe, Asia and Central and South America – we offer a holistic fabric of project management, implementation and support. Skilled in emergency response to crises such as the Ebola outbreak in West Africa, we have the ability to act quickly (crisis response teams can be on the ground in 24 hours) and to establish structured operations in high-risk environments. CTG recruit and manage qualified, skilled teams with extensive experience operating in challenging conditions.
Overview of the position:
- As an escort you are representing our client throughout the journey, from departure to final destination. A number of the beneficiaries that you will be assigned to escort have never traveled on a plane before. They have never been exposed to airplane toilets, airplane food, or any other aspect of international travel & transit. They cannot travel without your assistance.
- They have never walked on a moving walkway, stood on an escalator, or taken an elevator. It is your responsibility to assist & introduce these new systems to the passengers that have been assigned to you & to assist them while in flight & while in transit.
- This is an intensive hands on escort trip. Escorts need to be constantly vigil, checking in on the person / group regularly to troubleshoot any problems that may arise, to make sure people are using the facilities correctly & are comfortable.
- We expect Escorts to be proactive, patient, awake for as much of the journey as possible & stay with the refugees at all times.
- Provide an assistance upon departure, during the transits, upon arrival & handover to arrival parties.
- Throughout the trip, the escort is our clients representative. As such, s / he must be irreproachable & act in a professional manner, even when the situation seems difficult.
- Beneficiaries may be stressed & the Escort must therefore project an image of self confidence. It is imperative to emphasize to Operations Escort that escorting is a job, that must be performed to the highest standards, as the beneficiaries being assisted are under the care & responsibility of our client.
- Experienced Escorts, who remain proactive & active throughout the journey, minimize any problems that may arise.
- Many refugees or migrants have never been exposed to cities or other aspects of life outside of camps & will see an airplane for the 1st time at the airport. Toilets & food on planes, walkways & elevators are new. For a number of them, hotel rooms, flush toilets & showers will be a 1st.
- During the trip, the Escort must ensure that passengers are comfortable, know how to use seats & seatbelts (& when), understand that smoking is not allowed, eat regularly & drink enough. (The accompanying person should be able to explain that meals & water are free, especially on international flights).
- The Escort must remain vigilant throughout the trip if a beneficiary feels sick, needs to use the bathroom, or becomes agitated due to stress. It is forbidden to drink alcohol during the entire trip.
- Provide adequate assistance during the trip & respect all the instructions provided by our client.
- Provide a report upon return.
- The accompanied needs to be satisfied of the assistance they receive during the trip.
- Provide a report upon return of the mission. A template of the report will be shared once the process is finalized.
- This role reports to the Manager.
- This role does not have any team management responsibility.
- Certificate in a relevant discipline.
- Minimum of 1 years of demonstrable relevant Crisis Management experience and/or minimum of 1 years of demonstrable relevant Migration experience.
- Minimum of 1 year of experience in Africa (essential).
- Good communication skills.
- Fluency in English & French.
- Being patient, proactive & vigil.
- The Escort need to be used to work as a Team Leader because s / he may be in charge of following up a group of beneficiaries.
- All Escorts should be able to communicate with airlines & airport staff.
Other relevant information:
- Qualified female candidates are encouraged to apply for this role.
How to apply:
Candidates interested in applying for this role need to register on CTG website & apply for this role using the below link:
Apply to Job