Officer Monitoring & Evaluation Tana River
NGO Jobs / UN Jobs Vacancy
Job Title: Officer - Monitoring and Evaluation, Tana River
Job Location: Hola town with frequent travel up to 70% to project sites within Tana River Sub Counties of Tana Delta, Galole and Tana North
Reports to: Manager Health and Nutrition Tana River
Technical Manager – Snr Officer - Surveys and Surveillance
One (1) Year Fixed Term Renewable Contract Subject to Performance and Availability of Funds
Starting Salary of the Pay Grade Grade 5
Group Medical Cover (Principal & 3 Dependants)
Group Life Assurance Cover
WIBA Plus/Personal Accident Cover
The Officer Monitoring and Evaluation (M&E), Tana River will take overall responsibility of the coordination, implementation and review of the M&E needs of the Tana River County Programme. This includes but not limited to: supporting respective programmes undertake regular monitoring, periodic evaluation, leadership in research, documenting learning and completing the programme toolkit in line with the requirements of the country office M&E framework. In addition, the M&E officer will be lead researcher in administering, analysing and reporting on the Zurich Flood Resilience Measurement Tool under the Zurich project in 13 villages of Tana Delta sub County.
Main Duties & Responsibilities:
Direct Provision of M&E related Technical Support
· Participate in all M&E trainings required for M&E officer for the delivery of the M&E needs of the Tana River County Programme
· Training of programme staff, enumerators and any government officials engaged in the application of the Zurich Flood Resilience Measurement tool
· Develop in line with provided templates monthly, quarterly and annual reports based on the Zurich Flood Resilience Measurement tool
· In close collaboration with the line and technical managers, lead in the development of key findings and lessons learnt from the administration of the Zurich Flood Resilience Measurement tool
- Develop, adapt and roll out M&E related tools and technological innovations for collecting, collating, analysing data and report generation with an aim of improving the Tana River County Programme.
- Generate project information and dash boards for tracking and depicting progress on Tana River County programme implantation and learning.
- Provide technical leadership to the Tana River County Programme in the development of specific project M&E plans, programme toolkits and indicator tracking matrices in line with specific M&E requirements of existing and new projects in the County.
- Participate in the development and review of the Tana River County Programme costed work plan in addition to leading in tracking of monthly and quarterly progress made on the costed work plan.
- Lead in the determination and development of Tana River County M&E capacity development needs amongst programme staff and any technical support towards the delivery of the core responsibilities of the M&E officer.
- Develop the overall framework, for program M&E, quarterly review, impact assessment, final evaluation, develop project Performance Monitoring Plan with relevant data collection systems.
Oversight and Quality Assurance
- Support the line manager in facilitating the Tana River County Programme monthly and quarterly programme review meetings
- Support the line manager in ensuring the progress against costed work plan and programme toolkit commitments are shared during the monthly and quarterly programme review meetings
- Plan and conduct regular field monitoring visits and provide written feedback to relevant projects on performance based on monitoring data findings.
- Support the line manager in the development of templates and guidance to document best practices including case studies across all projects in Tana River. The responsibility of drafting the documents rests with the programme staff while the M&E officer reviews and helps refine shared documents.
Capacity Building, Collaboration and Learning
- Develop, manage and regularly update a repository of all Tana River County projects reports, surveys, etc
- During emergencies, support emergency response activities through taking leadership in needs assessment either through primary or secondary data collection and participating in data validation forums within Tana River County.
- Any other tasks as delegated by the line manager
Concern Code of Conduct and Associated Policies
- Adhere to the standards of conduct outlined in the Concern Code of Conduct and Associated Policies.
Qualifications, Skills and Experience
· Bachelors degree in Statistics, Monitoring and Evaluation. Candidates with an advanced certificate in statistics from a recognized institution will have added advantage.
· Ability to use at an advanced level statistical software (ENA for SMART, SPSS and STATA) is required
· Proven competency in ethical principles of research, statistical analysis and complex survey design and analysis is required
· Proficiency in coding data collection tools using software such as ODK, Kobo Collect etc. required
· At least two (2) years’ experience as an M&E officer and/or statistician required.
· Experience in surveys, surveillance, qualitative data collection and advanced analysis highly desired.
· Excellent report writing, communication, interpersonal, ToT, networking and coordination skills
· Proficient in the use of computer applications
Fluent in both spoken and written English and Kiswahili.
Concern has an organisational Code of Conduct (CCoC) with three Associated Policies; the Programme Participant Protection Policy (P4), the Child Safeguarding Policy and the Anti-Trafficking in Persons Policy. These have been developed to ensure the maximum protection of programme participants from exploitation, and to clarify the responsibilities of Concern staff, consultants, visitors to the programme and partner organisations, and the standards of behavior expected of them. In this context, staff have a responsibility to the organisation to strive for, and maintain, the highest standards in the day-to-day conduct in their workplace in accordance with Concern’s core values and mission. Any candidate offered a job with Concern Worldwide will be expected to sign the Concern Staff Code of Conduct and Associated Policies as an appendix to their contract of employment. By signing the Concern Code of Conduct, candidates acknowledge that they have understood the content of both the Concern Code of Conduct and the Associated Policies and agree to conduct themselves in accordance with the provisions of these policies.
Concern’ is the trading name of ‘Concern Worldwide’, a company limited by guarantee, registered number 39647; registered charity number CHY 5745, registered in Ireland, registered address is 52-55 Lower Camden Street, Dublin 2, Ireland. *Follow Concern online: www.concern.net
How to apply:
Interested candidates, who meet the above requirements, should send their CV and Cover Letter Only to firstname.lastname@example.org with the subject of the email as ‘Officer Monitoring & Evaluation - Tana River’ by Thursday 31st December 2020.
Each application should include three (3) referees who can validate technical expertise.
Only short-listed candidates will be contacted for interview
Apply to Job