National Cluster Information Management Officer
NGO Jobs / UN Jobs Vacancy
Open to Internal and External Candidates
Position Title: National Cluster Information Management Officer
Vacancy Number: VN/IOMSO/002/2020
Duty Station: Nairobi, Kenya
Classification: National Officer, Grade NOB**
Type of Appointment: One Year Fixed Term with possibility of extension
Estimated Start Date: As soon as possible
Closing Date: 16 December, 2020
Established in 1951, IOM is a Related Organization of the United Nations, and as the leading UN agency in the field of migration, works closely with governmental, intergovernmental and non-governmental partners. IOM is dedicated to promoting humane and orderly migration for the benefit of all. It does so by providing services and advice to governments and migrants.
IOM is committed to a diverse and inclusive work environment. Internal and external candidates are eligible to apply to this vacancy. For the purpose of the vacancy, internal candidates are considered as first-tier candidates.
Under the overall supervision of the Head of Operations and Humanitarian Response in Somalia and direct supervision of the CCCM Cluster Coordinator, the successful candidate will be responsible for information management thematic responsibilities related to the overall function of the Somalia CCCM Cluster.***Core Functions / Responsibilities:***
1.Coordination and Planning
a. Support OCHA in cross-cluster information management and analysis at the strategic level; Act as the CCCM Cluster focal point for country level OCHA-chaired Information Management Working Group meetings in addition to Population Working Group meetings.
b. Ensure the dissemination and adaptation as necessary of information management tools that meet the needs of the CCCM Cluster.
c. Facilitate linkages with all cluster stakeholders, particularly national actors, for enhanced sectoral risk mapping and gap identification.
d. Provide sector-specific maps and graphics on a regular basis that aid forward planning as well as impact analysis.
e. Ensure application of appropriate information technologies for maintenance of CCCM Cluster partner lists (e.g. through GoogleGroups) and archiving of information (e.g. through the clusters Dropbox and cluster website) recognising limitations in connectivity.
f. Promote the use of inter-operable technologies among CCCM Cluster partners including the use of harmonized information products such as the complaints feedback mechanism (CFM), site verification, safety audit, service map and service monitoring reports.
g. Support and enforce data confidentiality guidelines adopted by the CCCM Cluster to protect sensitive data.
2. Monitoring and Reporting
a. Ensure adequate monitoring mechanisms are put in place to review impact of the cluster and progress against implementation plans.
b. Follow up with Cluster partners for the provision of timely, consistent, and compatible data and information on needs assessment and programme monitoring for operational analysis and decision-making.
c. Ensure adequate reporting and effective information sharing amongst all partners including CCCM partners, other sector leads and OCHA, disaggregating data by age, gender and disability.
d. Develop simple, user-friendly CCCM Cluster reporting formats in consultation with local authorities, CCCM Cluster Coordinators, CCCM partners, and other key stakeholders; these reporting formats should include provision for gender and age disaggregation of data evolving to include reporting on vulnerable groups.
e. Promote use of and training on the use of these reporting tools among CCCM cluster members, assistance providers and other stakeholders.
3. Supporting Cluster Initiatives
a. Provide information management leadership in assessments and monitoring, including joint assessments and training.
b. Coordinate capacity building initiatives tailored towards raising the information management capacity of cluster partners.
c. Serve as data management focal point for the clusters complaints feedback mechanism (CFM) continually evolving the system and providing support to cluster partners.
d. Identify information products that can be created to promote strengthened understanding of the gaps, needs, and achievements of Cluster activities.
4.Perform such other duties as may be assigned.
Required Qualifications and Experience
· Master’s degree in Information Technology, Data Statistics Geographic Sciences, Business, Public Administration, Humanitarian Affairs, Conflict Studies or a related field, from an accredited academic institution with minimum two years of relevant professional experience; or
· Bachelor’s degree in the above fields with minimum four years of relevant professional experience.
· Minimum of three years’ operational experience in a similar role, either as cluster information management officer or data management supervisor for different international organizations (e.g. UN agencies, INGOs, Donors, IFRC or ICRC)
· Detailed knowledge of the UN System, and NGO humanitarian community.
· Knowledge of camp management-related technical guidelines, standards, and indicators.
· Proven statistical analytic skill and experience.
· Experience in web design and programming (essential).
· Knowledge of multi-variate mapping techniques.
· Familiarity with the humanitarian reform and cluster approach.
Data capture and analysis
MS Excel (Essential)
· ability to create macros
· strong knowledge of statistical, conditional, and text-based functions
· -integration with Access or other database applications (SQL, MySQL, Oracle)
MS Access (Highly recommended)
· Understanding of relational data theory and database structure
· Ability to create queries and reports
· ArcGIS, Mapinfo
· Basic understanding of map making process (Essential)
· Ability to coordinate and mentor technical staff
· ArcGIS, Mapinfo, SPSS, EpiInfo6 (Recommended)
· Basic understanding of trend graphic design
· HTML, PHP, ASP (Recommended)
· Basic understanding of web-based applications
Fluency in English and Somali is advantageous.
- Inclusion and respect for diversity: respects and promotes individual and cultural differences; encourages diversity and inclusion wherever possible.
- Integrity and transparency: maintains high ethical standards and acts in a manner consistent with organizational principles/rules and standards of conduct.
- Professionalism: demonstrates ability to work in a composed, competent and committed manner and exercises careful judgment in meeting day-to-day challenges.
Core Competencies – behavioural indicators level 2*
- Teamwork: develops and promotes effective collaboration within and across units to achieve shared goals and optimize results.
- Delivering results: produces and delivers quality results in a service-oriented and timely manner; is action oriented and committed to achieving agreed outcomes.
- Managing and sharing knowledge: continuously seeks to learn, share knowledge and innovate.
- Accountability: takes ownership for achieving the Organization’s priorities and assumes responsibility for own action and delegated work.
- Communication: encourages and contributes to clear and open communication; explains complex matters in an informative, inspiring and motivational way.
Managerial Competencies – behavioural indicators level 2
· Leadership: provides a clear sense of direction, leads by example and demonstrates the ability to carry out the organization’s vision; assists others to realize and develop their potential.
· Empowering others and building trust: creates an atmosphere of trust and an enabling environment where staff can contribute their best and develop their potential.
· Strategic thinking and vision: works strategically to realize the Organization’s goals and communicates a clear strategic direction.
Any offer made to the candidate in relation to this vacancy notice is subject to funding confirmation.
Appointment will be subject to certification that the candidate is medically fit for appointment and verification of residency, visa and authorizations by the concerned Government, where applicable.
Only candidates residing in either the country of the duty station or from a location in a neighbouring country that is within commuting distance of the duty station will be considered. In all cases, a prerequisite for taking up the position is legal residency in the country of the duty station, or in the neighbouring country located within commuting distance, and work permit, as applicable
How to apply:
How to apply:
Interested candidates should submit CV and a cover letter indicating the Vacancy Notice Number (VN No.), Position Title and the Duty Station with three professional referees and their contacts (both email and telephone) to: email@example.com**
From 03.12.2020 to 16.12.2020
Apply to Job