MSF-OCBA is looking for a MOBILE BEHAVIOR AND ETHICS BASED IN MIDDLE EAST (ONE YEAR CONTRACT)
NGO Jobs / UN Jobs Vacancy
Médecins Sans Frontières is an international independent medical-humanitarian organization, which offers assistance to populations in distress, to victims of natural or man-made disasters and to victims of armed conflict, without discrimination and irrespective of race, religion, creed or political affiliation.
MSF is a civil society initiative that brings together individuals committed to the assistance of other human beings in crisis. As such MSF is by choice an association.
Each individual working with MSF does it out of conviction and is ready to uphold the values and principles of MSF.
The MSF movement is built around five operational directorates supported by MSF’s 21 sections, 24 associations and other offices together worldwide. MSF OCBA is one of those directorates. The operations are implemented by field teams and the mission coordination teams; together with the organizational units based in Barcelona, Athens and decentralised in Nairobi, Dakar and Amman. The field operations are guided and supported by 5 Operational Cells, the Emergency Unit and other departments supporting operations, including Projects & IT.
- Reports technically to the Abuse Prevention and Ethics Manager.
- Implement different tools including: behaviour framework, SMAE and MPC protocol in OCBA’s key missions through visits of roughly 2 to 4 weeks (or more depending on the context).
- Organizes and leads regular awareness and prevention activities online with the mission.
- Train and mentor CMT members in communication and prevention activities in relation to the matter (SMAE, behaviour frame, MPC Protocol).
- Elaborate a TOR and visit reports for each visit in collaboration with the Abuse Prevention Manager, capitalizing on all prevention visits.
- Propose revisions of policies and processes to Abuse Prevention Manager, Abuse and Ethics Lead, HRM unit and Medical department on the basis of the experiences acquired.
- Propose focal group discussions during the visits when possible to interact with community members deepening the understanding of the contexts regarding behaviour/ abuses/ challenges/ common knowledges in this regard.
- Train and gives technical support to behaviour Focal point volunteers in each mission.
She/he will be hierarchically and functionally accountable to the Abuse Prevention Manager and part of the Behaviour Unit in OCBA.
MAIN FUNCTIONS, RESPONSIBILITIES AND TASKS
Update, conduct and propose new training solutions for the missions/unit.
Map possible external resources (communication and trainings).
Participate in training sessions as a facilitator upon request.
Context analysis in relation to Behaviour:
a. Analyses existing sensitiveness, knowledge, barriers and awareness in relation to Behaviour and Medical Ethics in the region and in OCBA settings.
b. Awareness sessions in MSF Missions of the region: adapts the awareness sessions to each context.
Specific focus on training of trainers (TOT) for focal points.
Collaborates with other MSF sections and NGOs in facilitating awareness sessions.
Awareness sessions in the Unit:
a. In collaboration with the Abuse Prevention Manager she/he will organize regular debates, awareness activities and trainings in the Unit.
b. Provides CMT members at mission level with sufficient tools to escalate cases following the guidance and directions of the Behaviour Lead and Medical department.
Briefings on abuse prevention to all new members of the Unit.
Participates in Briefings for CMT members upon request in collaboration with the Abuse and Ethics Lead, the Abuse Prevention Manager and the Behaviour Officer.
Briefings on abuse prevention to Medcos and PMRs (face to face/ by distance).
Data collection of awareness activities in the region.
Elaborates TOR for each visit in collaboration with the Abuse Prevention Manager and produce visit reports including: assessment of the context related to barriers, weaknesses and strengths of each mission, main topics of discussion and problems encountered, sessions and trainings done, reporting and communication systems.
Participate in meetings at the department, from decentralized units and in in-house discussion forums.
Coordination with HRCO’s in the field and HR responsible of the Unit. Supports the OCBA fields, HQ and decentralized units in the implementation of the Behavioural Commitments and other relevant documents regarding abuse and discrimination.
Liaise with Abuse and Ethics Lead, the Medical department and the Abuse Prevention Manager to update on findings and progresses in missions.
· Academic Background: psychology, social and cultural anthropology, sociology, philosophy, history, public health or similar/ complementary areas.
· Fluent in Arabic and English.
· Minimum 3 years’ experience in teaching and coordinating teams within a multicultural setting. Facilitation skills for the sensitization sessions are a strong asset.
· Solid experience in social, health, humanitarian and/or cultural projects or frameworks.
· Experience with challenging settings within social or humanitarian projects (vulnerable populations or contexts, multiple stakeholders, activist agendas, human rights agendas).
· Experience where sensibility and sense of respect towards people from different origins and horizons made the difference.
· Field experience within MSF is desirable. Relevant experience in similar organizations will be taken into consideration.
· Familiar (and willing to remain updated) with MSF tools and policies in the relevant field.
· Exposure to trainings or previous professional experience on Behavioral and medical Ethics issues and Abuse prevention is a strong asset.
· Good command of Microsoft Office package and/or Open Office.
· Good command of social media applications.
· Desirable: focus group discussion programs or applications/ Data collection Kobo Toolbox.
· Commitment to MSF’s Principles
· Cross-cultural Awareness
· Behavioral Flexibility
· Stress Management
· Analytical Thinking
· Results and Quality Orientation
· Service Orientation
· Planning and Organizing
· Teamwork and Cooperation
· People Management and Development
· Homebased position or at any OCBA Hub.
· Full time job.
· One year contract
· Annual gross salary: (divided into twelve monthly payments) + Secondary Benefits based on the MSF-OCBA Reward Policy.
· Starting date: February 2021.
MSF OCBA is a people-focused humanitarian organization that offers a diverse, collaborative and inclusive work environment. We believe this approach enhances our work and we are committed to equity in employment. We embrace diverse backgrounds of people working together to exhibit their passion in action for the social mission of MSF.
Médecins Sans Frontieres, as a responsible employer, under article 38 of “Ley de Integración Social del Minusválido de 1982 (LISMI)” invite those persons with a recognized disability and with an interest in the humanitarian area to apply for the above-mentioned position.
How to apply:
HOW TO APPLY
· To apply, please, follow the link below and submit your CV and cover letter.
· Closing date: 13th January 2021, 23:59 CET (Central European Time)
Apply to Job