Monitoring & Evaluation (M&E) Specialist, Zambia Evidence for Health (E4H) Activity, Lusaka, Zambia
NGO Jobs / UN Jobs Vacancy
Monitoring & Evaluation (M&E) Specialist,
Zambia Evidence for Health (E4H) Activity,
Project Summary: USAID/Zambia through the Evidence for Health (E4H) Activity intends to: 1) strengthen the national Health Management Information System (HMIS) owned and managed by the Government of Zambia's (GRZ) Ministry of Health (MOH); 2) improve monitoring, evaluation and research capacities within key government and non-governmental institutions, and 3) expand the evidence base for existing approaches to health programming in malaria, nutrition, family planning, maternal and child health, and HIV. The E4H activity supports the strategic objectives of USAID/Zambia, the President's Emergency Plan for AIDS Relief (PEPFAR), and the President's Malaria Initiative (PMI).
**Please note: Only Zambian citizens are eligible for this position
Position Summary: The M&E Specialist will focus on improving the evidence base for health programming generated by USAID/Zambia health implementing partners (IPs). The primary task of the M&E Specialist will be to help build the capacity and offer M&E support to the USAID/Zambia Health Office staff and their IPs, including coordinating the USAID IP M&E Community of Practice, managing the Health Office research and learning agenda, and supporting utilization of the Health Office data analytics and knowledge management platform. They will be responsible also for tracking and reporting on E4H's Activity Monitoring, Evaluation and Learning Plan (AMELP). The M&E Specialist reports to the Senior Advisor Knowledge Management/Data Demand and Use (KM/DDU).
- Implement the E4H Activity Monitoring, Evaluation and Learning Plan (AMELP)
- Lead the development of a USAID/Zambia health office research and learning agenda
- Plan, manage, facilitate and evaluate the quarterly meetings of the USAID IP Monitoring and Evaluation Community of Practice (MECOP)
- Oversee the assessment of M&E skills and capacity building needs and develop a capacity building plan for USAID Health Office and IPs
- Support the Mission's health office in streamlining and systematizing reporting systems
- As requested, support the USAID/Zambia health office with portfolio reviews and Performance and Plan Review (PPR) reporting
- Participate in MSI's global MEL community of practice
- Bachelor's degree related to M&E, health data, statistics, or development economics required; Master's degree is preferred
- A minimum of ten years plus experience working in M&E technical support positions for USAID IPs, including work with health-related projects
- Proven training skills in USAID M&E policies, systems, and applications
- Functional knowledge of Ministry of Health HMIS/DHIS2 system
- Ability to produce high quality work under deadlines
- Fluency in written and spoken English is required
Reasonable Accommodations: MSI is dedicated to hiring an inclusive workforce. If you would like to request reasonable accommodations during the application process, please email MSI.Dept.HRRecruiting@tetratechinc.onmicrosoft.com with Reasonable Accommodations in the title. Our recruitment team looks forward to engaging in an interactive process to provide reasonable accommodations for candidates.
Only candidates who have been selected for an interview will be contacted. No phone calls, please.
MSI is an EEO/AA/ADA Veterans Employer.
To apply: Please visit our website, https://chu.tbe.taleo.net/chu04/ats/careers/v2/viewRequisition?org=MSI&cws=51&rid=7532
How to apply:
Apply to Job