NGO Jobs / UN Jobs Vacancy
This is an exciting time at ShelterBox and we have ambitious targets of sheltering more and more families each year. Monitoring and Evaluation processes are at the heart of evidence based strategic growth and ensure that responses are delivered in-line with humanitarian best-practice. Developing and implementing use-orientated tools enables Response Teams and partners to learn and improve and ensures that our supporters understand the impact of their contribution.
Who are we looking for?
We are looking for people with a passion for supporting and driving evidence-based decision-making. The contexts in which we work can be changeable and challenging. Developing monitoring and evaluation systems that work for our Response Teams and partners is critical to success. The right person will have an interest in qualitative and/or quantitative data collection and analysis, coupled with the interpersonal skills to work with operational teams and partner organisations throughout humanitarian responses.
Duties will include but not be limited to:
- Collect, analyse and report on monitoring and evaluation information relating to operational activities, outputs and outcomes for accountability and learning.
- Support the continued development of monitoring and evaluation tools and process to ensure data collection is rigorous, robust, ethical, situation-appropriate and purposeful.
- Ensure all activities support the Accountability and Learning strategy.
- Implement monitoring and evaluation tools that help ensure operational activities comply with sector best practice for accountable humanitarian project management.
- Use an evidenced based approach to produce lessons indicated and recommendations for change for current and future projects.
- Write and/or contribute to Monitoring and Evaluation Plans and Terms of Reference
- Disseminate monitoring and evaluation information and findings in written, oral and visual forms, and in a manner suitable to the audience.
- Work closely with Operations Department members and partner organisations to coordinate the planning, delivery and reporting of monitoring and evaluation to ensure accountability and learning.
- Work closely with Communications colleagues to maximise support for their activities.
- Work closely with Fundraising colleagues to maximise support for their activities, providing regular and ad-hoc reporting on project outputs, outcomes and learning.
- Work with grant managers to agree and deliver an appropriate level of reporting in line with monitoring and evaluation activities and donor requirements.
- Supervise response team members (staff and volunteers) carrying out monitoring and evaluation activities, both in country and remotely.
- Deliver training and develop resources to support staff, volunteers and partners in undertaking monitoring and evaluation activities.
- Keep up-to-date with sector techniques and trends, providing advice and guidance on processes, methods and best practice in MEAL and provide support and guidance to colleagues.
- Deploy in a specialist capacity; travel in the UK and abroad, unlikely to exceed four weeks at any one time.
- Keep within the charity’s aims and objectives, strategic plans and values.
How to apply:
If you are interested in applying for the role, please find further details and an application form on our website - https://www.shelterbox.org/contact/jobs/
At ShelterBox we are committed to safeguarding and protection of children and vulnerable people in our work. We will do everything possible to ensure that only those who are suitable to work with children and vulnerable people are recruited to work with us. Successful applicants will also be required to apply for and hold a valid DBS check.
Apply to Job