MD EmONC Advisor PM - SIERRA LEONE
NGO Jobs / UN Jobs Vacancy
Doctors with Africa CUAMM is the first NGO in the healthcare area officially recognized in Italy.
Founded in 1950 with the aim of training doctors to work in developing countries, CUAMM is working in Angola, Ethiopia, Mozambique, Sierra Leone, South Sudan, Tanzania, Uganda and the Central African Republic implementing healthcare projects in partnership with local governments and institutions.
JOB TITLE: MD EmONC Advisor Project Manager
JOB LOCATION: Sierra Leone, Freetown with travels throughout the country
START DATE: March/April 2021
DURATION: 12 months
- University Degree in Medicine with further specialisation or equivalent title in Gynaecology and Obstetrics or Public Health
- Good knowledge of written and spoken English
- Previous professional experience in managing and implementing EmONC services in Africa
- Previous experience in managing health projects
The Project Manager is responsible for coordination and implementation of project activities and for the relations with donors, partners and local health authorities.
As EmONC Advisor, the PM will have a role of technical assistance to local authorities and district hospitals to plan, manage and deliver
quality services for obstetric emergencies.
The specific activities are:
- participate and contribute to the MoH working groups dealing with EmONC services and Reproductive Health
- mantain the relations with the project partners and insitutions
- provide clinical mentorship on the national EmONC guidelines
- support the development, implementation and monitoring of the district planning process for EmONC services and ensure these plans are aligned to the national health policies and tailored to local context and needs
- support dissemination and application of the National EmONC guidelines at the district level
- support the existing mechanisms for quality improvement of EmONC services
- promote EmonC best practices at district level
- provide technical support for designing the M&E system
- facilitate and support collection, analysis & dissemination of district EmONC dataand update the mapping on coverage, quality and equity of services
- elaborate reports for donor and local health authorities
How to apply:
Please note that only shortlisted candidates will be contacted.
The selection process is based on non-discrimination criteria and candidates are taken into consideration without distinction of ethnicity, gender, political orientation, religion, personal opinions, sexual orientation.
Doctors with Africa CUAMM does not tolerate any abuse, exploitation or violence against vulnerable children and adults, nor other behaviour that does not respect human dignity from its own staff, partner staff or other staff associated with the NGO.
All selected candidates will be expected to adhere to the mission and values of the organization, nondiscrimination policies and safeguarding principles.
Apply to Job