NGO Jobs / UN Jobs Vacancy
The IT Specialist will provide technical support to the AMIDEAST Morocco Field Office staff and in some cases customers, helping develop and implement IT standards and policies, and provide technology support and solutions to meet the needs of the organization. The IT Specialist will help implement and manage the software applications and hardware infrastructure that support AMIDEAST operations in two key offices in Rabat and Casablanca, as well as limited support to other off-site facilities. The IT Specialist will also work in coordination with Director of Operations and an existing part-time IT Specialist.
· Administer and maintain functionality of Active Directory, Print servers;
· Perform administration and maintenance of cloud services (O365, ProClass);
· Install, maintain, and troubleshoot local LAN, WAN, Wireless and telephone infrastructure;
· Install, maintain, and troubleshoot network environment including devices, network ports, Switches, Patch Panels, and Patch cords;
· Responsible for the security system in the premises (surveillance, alarm, fire, etc.) of the Rabat and Casa offices;
· Liaise with local internet and telephone service providers;
· Maintain hardware and software for employees, resource centers, and training rooms;
· Ensure that AMIDEAST computers, IT equipment and software are fully operational and up to date, and staff are always able to utilize their equipment properly;
· Provide classroom and computer lab support to ensure AMIDEAST courses are delivered to clients on-site;
· Handle IT procurement according to AMIDEAST’s procurement procedures;
· Receive IT equipment and supply orders, verify brand and quantity, and store in the IT storage room;
· Responsible for old computers, hardware repairs upgrading and data sanitization for the purpose of asset disposal, re-selling or donation;
· Respond to Helpdesk tickets and perform daily support for network, desktop, software and hardware for all users;
· Develop systems and SOP's and makes sure they are implemented accordingly. Implements complex systems and procedures which conform to AMIDEAST policies, SOP's and handbooks;
· Provide Technical/awareness training where applicable;
· Work closely with the regional IT team on technology improvements and changes as needed, as well as comprising the annual IT budget for the offices;
· Any other duties assigned by line manager
Formal Education & Certification
· University degree in the field of computer science and three to five years related work experience. Master of Business Administration with technology as a core component preferred.
· Certifications in A+, CCNA, Network+, Linux+,
· English: Excellent level in speaking, comprehension, and writing.
· French: Excellent level in speaking, comprehension,
Knowledge & Experience
· Strong technical knowledge of network and PC operating systems, including MS Windows 10, MS Windows server 2012, 2016, and 2019.
· Knowledge of cloud technologies such as Microsoft Azure, Office 365
· Strong technical knowledge of current network hardware, protocols, and standards.
· Extensive application support experience.
· Proven experience in IT infrastructure planning and development.
· Excellent understanding of the organization’s goals and objectives.
· In-depth knowledge of applicable data privacy practices and laws.
· Strong understanding of project management principles.
· Excellent written and oral communication skills.
· Excellent interpersonal skills.
· Ability to conduct and direct research into IT issues and products as required.
· Ability to present ideas in business-friendly and user-friendly language.
· Ability to perform general mathematical calculations for the purpose of creating business cases, budgets, and so on.
· Highly self-motivated and directed.
· Keen attention to detail.
· Proven analytical, evaluative, and problem-solving abilities.
· Ability to effectively prioritize and execute tasks in a high-pressure environment.
· Exceptional customer service orientation.
· Extensive experience working in a team-oriented, collaborative environment.
How to apply:
Please provide a cover letter, resume and salary requirements to http://jobs.amideast.org**
*AMIDEAST is an Equal Opportunity Employer-Minorities/Women/Veterans/Disability/Gender Identity/Sexual Orientation
Apply to Job