Intern - Partnership and Admin Belgium
NGO Jobs / UN Jobs Vacancy
NRC’s representation in Brussels was established in 2005 in order to strengthen the existing relationship between NRC and the European Union. NRC Europe’s main role is to support NRC’s country programmes in their collaboration with the EU institutions by improving communication with EU and Member States donors, and by providing evidenced based policy analysis on issues affecting refugees and displaced persons to decision makers in the EU.
NRC Europe is responsible for NRC’s relationship with the following donors: DG ECHO, DG DEVCO, DG NEAR, France (AFD and French MFA), The Netherlands (MinBuZa), Belgium, EFTA-FMO, Grand Duché du Luxembourg, Spain, Ireland and Italy
1. Role and responsibilities
- Assist the Senior EU Partnership Advisers, the Institutional Partnership Coordinator by identifying funding opportunities from selected European donors, contributing to the preparation and organisation of strategic meetings at EU or European capitals levels and provide support in internal communications with other departments of NRC.
- Assist the Finance and admin Manager on administrative tasks including accounting support, procurement, archiving and logistics arrangements.
1- Partnership tasks (50%) :
- Support the advisers by monitoring and preparing notes, briefings and updates on EU institutions and Member States’ strategic donors;
- Monitor and track funding opportunities from EU and Member States donors and identify relevant opportunities for NRC;
- Assisting in analysing EU and Member States donors calls for proposals and reference guidelines to develop tools and documents summarising the donors’ rules and regulations applying to NRC grant agreements.
- Research and analyse funding trends, policies and priorities from EU and Member States donors, and share information internally within NRC, in the frame of donor mapping for instance;
- Attend relevant internal meetings and meetings organised by the EU, Member States and NGOs and draft minutes to share with the team;
- Assist in arranging and preparing meetings in Brussels and European capitals for visiting field-based colleagues, including contacting EU and Member States’ officials, conducting research on EU policies or funding strategies towards those countries and drafting briefing notes, especially in the framework of fundraising tours;
- Assist in the distribution of reports, updates and press articles from the field to EU and Member States interlocutors;
- Provide inputs from the partnership department into NRC online platform (workplace) and assist on drafting internal reports and briefing notes on achievements and objectives of the department;
- Other ad-hoc administrative support needed (organisation of trips, trainings, events, surveys…).
2- Administrative tasks (50%):
- Ensure compliance with regulations for procurement and record-keeping.
- Assist with facility management matters, including liaison with the building manager
- Order and manage office supplies and equipment upon request.
- Provide support in the administration of meetings and events
- Provide support with management of travel for the office
- Provide Support on recording of fixed assets
- Ensure adequate archiving of documents and data
- Assist on the admin manager to collect and update the personal data mapping
- Assist on Time sheets management.
- Act proactively and seek continuous improvement in processes and procedures
- Welcome all visitors
- Select and book appropriate venues and services when needed.
- Provide support with management of postal, telephone, reception and general office-wide administration activities
- Assist with any other relevant duties assigned by the Finance and Admin Manager as and when required
Generic profile and professional competencies:
- A university student currently enrolled in a relevant field such as Law, International Relations, European Affairs, or some related equivalent experience.
- Any knowledge, certificate on Business administration could be an asset.
- Fluency in English and French is required, knowledge of other EU languages (Dutch in particular) is an asset
- A rigorous and structured person with strong analytical and administrative skills, including computer skills (MS Word, MS Excel, MS PowerPoint)
Context/Specific skills, knowledge and experience:**
- Good knowledge of EU institutions and EU donors
- Interest in refugee and/or humanitarian issues
- Excellent oral and written communication skills
- Multi-tasking and ability to juggle and prioritise diverse tasks
- Organizational skills including the ability to multitasking, prioritizing and working efficiently with limited supervision
- Comfortable in a multicultural professional and/or NGO environment
- Commitment to humanitarian principles of humanity, neutrality, impartiality and independence
How to apply:
We can offer :
Contract: Belgian “Social immersion professional contract” (Bruxelles formation) meal voucher and transport allowance included.
Contract period: January 2021 – June/July 2021 (maximum 6 months)
Deadline for applications: 10/01/2021
NRC may be required to verify the identity of its partners and to check that its partners have not been involved in illegal activities.
NRC reserves the right to use electronic screening tools for this purpos.
Place of work: NRC Europe, Roi de la Loi, 42, Brussels, Belgium
Please note that only applications received through NRC Website will be considered (Intern - Partnership and Admin Belgium - NRC and NORCAP Careers Careers (oraclecloud.com). Any questions related to the posting can be referred to firstname.lastname@example.org.
Apply to Job