Humanitarian Program Manager
NGO Jobs / UN Jobs Vacancy
Position: Humanitarian Program Manager
Location: Cox’s Bazar
Duration: One Year Contract
Reports: Program Director
About RI: Relief International (RI) is a home to teams of humanitarian activist-professionals committed to transforming adversity into renewal for the world’s most vulnerable populations. By partnering with beneficiaries and communities on the front-lines, RI innovatively bridges the gap between immediate relief and long-term community development.
Position Summary: The Humanitarian Program Manager will oversee daily program operations and coordination of all aspects of Relief International’s programming in Cox’s Bazar. He/she will collaborate with the Program Director in the ongoing implementation of projects. He/she will directly supervise RI’s technical leads: including a Health & Nutrition Program Manager; a Protection Program Manager; a Program Officer; a Disaster Risk Reduction Coordinator; and a FSL Manager. He / she will also oversee business/program development, manage the technical program managers and sector leads, and track spending and implementation to ensure quality program management. This position is based in Cox’s Bazar, Bangladesh.
ESSENTIAL RESPONSIBILITIES AND DUTIES
- Collaborate with the Program Director and technical program managers to provide strategic vision and leadership for RI’s portfolio in Cox’s Bazar
- Meet with donors and potential new partners at the field level identify potential funding opportunities in collaboration with senior management
- Manage and supervise technical program managers (including a Protection, Health, DRR, and FSL Manager) to ensure timely and quality implementation
- Oversee a Program Officer, who will be responsible for leading program development process in Cox’s Bazar – provide quality assurance throughout this process
- Oversee reporting and communications, providing final review and quality assurance before submission of external reports, updates, and other publications for external audiences
- Represent RI at the field level and serve as primary organizational focal point for program-related issues both internally and externally
Program Management & Operations (50%)
- In collaboration with technical program managers, lead mobilization process with field and technical teams upon receiving a new award, and ensure spending projections and forecasts, procurement and recruitment plans, and work plans, are all developed at the offset
- Monitor/track spending across projects, reviewing projections compiled by program managers and area managers at the field level
- Maintain, update, and regularly review RI’s master country operational analysis, consolidating inputs from programs and finance
- Develop and regularly review program work plans, projections and spending, and achievements towards targets with technical component leads and finance to ensure timely and quality implementation
- Organize periodic project review meetings (mid and final) following initial mobilization meeting to ensure progress is on-track
- Responsible for overseeing reporting and M&E staff to ensure reports meet internal quality standards and donor requirements
New Business Development & Representation (30%)
- Pro-actively seek and identify new funding opportunities, initiate and lead donor negotiations, and act as field representative / acting head of office in absence of Program Director during discussions both internally and externally on strategic opportunities
- Review all proposals and program budgets, when necessary compile proposal inputs from technical leads, and assemble final proposal documents prior to donor submission
- Ensure timely submission of high quality proposals and supporting documentation
- Ensure compliance with proposal requirements, RI processes, and donor policies and regulations
- Strengthen current donor relations and build partnerships with new donors to support continued donor/portfolio diversification
- Develop and maintain effective working relationships with stakeholders in Cox’s Bazar, including NGOs, ministries/local authorities, and UN agencies
- Represent RI Cox’s Bazar in external coordination, networking, donor relations, and other forums
Budget & Grant Management (20%)
- Serve as the primary budget approver for operational and program costs
- Review procurement documentation to ensure audit-readiness
- Responsible for ensuring all costs charged to the project are allowable, reasonable and correctly allocated, providing oversight and quality assurance on technical program managers
- Ensure effective and coordinated budget monitoring/spending reviews occur on a regular basis, coordinating with finance and program teams
- Assist programs and operations teams in monitoring and tracking burn rate to ensure proper management
QUALIFICATIONS & REQUIREMENTS
This position demands a dynamic individual with a demonstrated ability to achieve results in a demanding and fast paced environment.
- University Degree required, Master’s level preferred in International Development, Community Development or related discipline; the educational as well as professional background & expertise in Health, Nutrition or Food |Security is strongly preferred.
- Previous experience as head of office
- 5+ years demonstrated management experience in development and implementation of emergency Relief programming, preferably in developing country (s).
- Experience in grant writing and fund raising, experience working with the major donors: OFDA, ECHO, DFID, UN Agencies etc.
- Demonstrated ability to create and maintain effective working relations with host country government personnel, stakeholders, NGO partners, and international donor agencies, local and international staff.
- Ability to understand complex security situation and advise program design accordingly
- Excellent written and spoken English; ability to draft high quality proposals as well as donor reports
- Willingness to travel in and out of field at short notice. Team player, committed to motivating and leading staff Organizational and time management skills.
- Able to work and manage effectively in a hardship post
We uphold the Humanitarian Principles: humanity, neutrality, impartiality, and operational independence. We affirmatively engage the most vulnerable communities. We value:
- Transparency and Accountability
- Agility and Innovation
How to apply:
Please apply via following link:
Apply to Job