Humanitarian Disability Inclusion Specialist (m/f/d) - Bangladesh
NGO Jobs / UN Jobs Vacancy
CBM is an international Christian development organisation, committed to improving the quality of life of persons with disabilities in the poorest communities of the world. We are looking forward to recruiting as soon as possible a:
Humanitarian Disability Inclusion Specialist (m/d/f) - Bangladesh
Main objective of the role:
The position of Disability Inclusion Specialist - AHP is an exciting and challenging role in supporting the scope and mandate of a mega consortium programme, supporting the disability inclusion in the interventions of consortium partners, while developing local inclusion capacities, systems to ensure localization of the position in one year.
We are looking for someone who will…
- Actively ensure the capacity strengthening for the consortium partners by the development of a disability inclusion action plan, on-site technical support, review of strategy, key tools, plans, and communication materials
- Ensure that disability inclusive MEAL framework, data collection, accountability and feedback mechanisms are developed and revised periodically
- Represent the AHP consortium in external Committee meetings to ensure disability inclusion strategy, its progress and learnings are reviewed and widely shared and other high level events such as sector meetings, donor visits, NGO platform meetings and also engaging with disability movement, ADWG etc.
- Develop a unified and consistent disability inclusion influencing and communication strategy.
- Lead planning, implementation, and monitoring of disability inclusion strategy of the AHP consortium project
- Facilitate the engagement of SHGs and OPS in consultations, consortium decision making, project implementation and MEAL
- Lead donor reporting on disability inclusion by coordinating with focal points from all agencies ensuring to track progress against outputs and all indicators
- Ensure evidence on disability inclusion is created among consortium partners
Ensure mentoring/coaching to the national Disability Inclusion Coordinator to facilitate onboarding and hand over in one-year period
We are looking for someone who has…
Graduate or higher degree in Disability Studies, Social Science, International Development Studies, Disaster Management or similar area or demonstrable equivalent knowledge gained through professional experience
A minimum 10 years’ professional experience in NGO/INGO including 4 years in the leading and managing development/ humanitarian projects
A minimum of 5 years work experience in advising on inclusion of at-risk groups namely persons with disabilities, women, children, and older people, engaging with cluster coordination system and working with partners
Strong experience in the capacity building preferably in the field of age and/or disability
Deep knowledge and understanding on the rights of persons with disabilities and challenges in the humanitarian and development context
Proven experience working with local organizations and other international stakeholders in Bangladesh, preferred at Cox’s Bazar
Experience with working and/or traveling in occasionally insecure areas and following strict safety & security protocols
Cross-cultural communication skills
A creative and forward thinking
Professional proficiency in English; Bangla
How to apply:
The future job holder will adhere to CBM’s values and commits to CBM’s Code of Conduct and Safeguarding Policy.
CBM encourages persons with disabilities to apply for this position. For further information about CBM’s inclusion policy, please visit our Resources & Publications section at www.cbm.org. If you feel that this role would be a good opportunity for you, we would love to hear from you.
Application deadline: January 3, 2021.
This is a 1 year fixed term international assignment contract to be based in Cox´s Bazar, Bangladesh, subject to the international scope of national labour and immigration laws. We invite you to visit our job portal in order for you to submit you application documents here:https://jobs.cbm.org/Humanitarian-Disability-Inclusion-Specialist-eng-j235.html?sid=3de37d137f2ac478...
Apply to Job