Humanitarian Awards Officer
NGO Jobs / UN Jobs Vacancy
Save the Children International has an exciting opportunity for you to join our team as the Humanitarian Awards Officer ( Fixed Term - 6 months). The role holder will work closely with the International Programmes Award Management and Humanitarian teams within Save the Children International (SCI) Centre, providing administrative and compliance support to humanitarian flexible funding mechanisms. This role is key to enabling the smooth transition to the Humanitarian Fund, a new global central fund accessible for humanitarian purposes.
They will be responsible for ensuring that these funds are processed correctly through the Award Management System (AMS) and that they are compliant with the policies for the relevant funding. They will also provide support to the SCI team, SCI regional offices and Save the Children member offices in monitoring and reporting on emergency funding.
This position may occasionally require travel to Save the Children International country or regional offices to support emergency response operations.
EXPERIENCE AND SKILLS
- Previous NGO experience with a good understanding of the grant (award) management cycle
- Ability to understand grant budgets and analyse financial reports
- Proven influencing skills with the ability to communicate compliance requirements to stakeholders in the most appropriate way
- Excellent Microsoft Excel skills with the ability to draw out complex data from various different sources
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills. Ability to explain complex issues to both staff and peers
- Ability to manage a varied workload quickly and efficiently, and work effectively under pressure to organise and prioritise work for yourself and others to ensure deadlines are met
- An energetic, flexible and proactive approach with the ability to work both independently and cooperatively within a team setting
- Strong team skills and the ability to develop and maintain effective working relationships at all levels both within and outside the team
- Demonstrable commitment to equal opportunities and an awareness of what constitutes good practice
Demonstrable interest in humanitarian response work
Ability to travel, possibly at short notice, up to 20% of the time to Save the Children International regional and country offices, potentially to remote and insecure locations.
- Experience in financial accounting
- Project management skills, particularly including planning
- Experience of working in a complex international organisation
- Experience working for Save the Children
- Experience working in emergency responses, and strong understanding of humanitarian response activities and emergency management cycles
- Language skills, in particular Spanish, French, or Arabic
We offer a competitive package in the context of the sector with an option of flexible of working hours
We employ approximately 25,000 people across the globe and work on the ground in over 100 countries to help children affected by crises, or those that need better healthcare, education and child protection. We also campaign and advocate at the highest levels to realise the right of children and to ensure their voices are heard.
We are working towards three breakthroughs in how the world treats children by 2030:
- No child dies from preventable causes before their 5th birthday
- All children learn from a quality basic education and that,
- Violence against children is no longer tolerated
We know that great people make a great organization, and that our employees play a crucial role in helping us achieve our ambitions for children. We value our people and offer a meaningful and rewarding career, along with a collaborative and inclusive environment where ambition, creativity, and integrity are highly valued.
Please attach a copy of your CV and cover letter with your application, and include details of your current remuneration and salary expectations. A copy of the full role profile can be found at www.savethechildren.net/careers/apply
We need to keep children safe so our selection process, which includes rigorous background checks, reflects our commitment to the protection of children from abuse.
All employees are expected to carry out their duties in accordance with our global anti-harassment policy.
Save the Children does not charge a fee at any stage of the recruitment process.
How to apply:
Please follow this link to apply:
Apply to Job