Human Resource/ Admin Officer
NGO Jobs / UN Jobs Vacancy
Gold Star Kenya (GS Kenya) was established in 2010 as a local Non-Governmental Organization; GS Kenya was born out of the success of the Gold Star Network, a social franchise program initiative established in 2006 to promote comprehensive quality HIV care amongst a network of private health providers in Kenya. GS Kenya implements health related projects in Kenya. We seek qualified candidates on short term basis for the following position:**
Position Title: Human Resources/Admin Officer - 4months
Reports to: Executive Director
The Human Resources/ Administration Officer is responsible for the implementation of human resources processes in support of the achievement of the organization objectives. S/he will provide support to Human Resources functional areas including recruitment, employee relations, performance management, benefits administration, compensation, HRIS, Learning and development, separation processes and administration.
Essential Job Responsibilities:
· Coordinating staffing plans and perform full cycle recruitment activities for positions in the organization portfolio through posting jobs, interviewing, reference checks and contracting processes
· Ensuring maintenance of recruitment best practices within the recruitment cycles and continuously review the effectiveness and quality of recruitment policy, procedures and strategies
· Developing and implementing HR strategies, policies and procedures that guide the management of employees to govern management of human capital.
- Assist in the implementation of HR policies and procedures and advice on employee’s issues related to routine personnel administration activities to include employee attendance, discipline, leave, probationary period, insurance scheme.
- Supporting Project directors in administering Human Resource plans within the projects
· Coordinating staff on boarding and exit plans processes.
- Management of the staff files and records and ensuring all required documents are submitted accordingly.
· Management of employment contracts as guided by the organization policies and existing national legislation.
· Management of employee benefits such as medical, GPA and provident funds.
· Support organization and project based audits for HR relevant sections
· Oversee updating of the HRIMs systems and generate routinely required reports.
· Coordinate processing of the staff payroll and payment of relevant statutory payments.
Knowledge and Experience:
· A degree in Human Resources Management or Business Administration or related field with at least five years’ experience in a similar position.
· Professional Certification in Human Resource Management
· Member of IHRM Kenya
· Previous experience in NGO’s preferred.
· Ability to manage large volume of work independently, accurately and in a timely manner
- Solid communication skills and decision-making capabilities based on analytical skills and critical thought processes.
- Proficiency in MS Office and HR Information Management systems is required.
How to apply:
Gold Star Kenya has a competitive compensation package and is an equal opportunity employer. Interested candidates are encouraged to apply via email to: email@example.com. Please quote the Job Title provided on the subject line while sending your application & CV in one folder (pdf format) including salary requirements and availability to be received by 24th December 2020.
Kindly note that only shortlisted persons will be contacted.
Apply to Job