Hourly Contract - Field Coordinator (Basilan)
NGO Jobs / UN Jobs Vacancy
Position Title : Field Coordinator (Basilan)
Duty Station : IOM Philippines Country Office (Zamboanga)
Type of Appointment : Special Short term Ungraded Hourly Contract
Estimated Start Date : As soon as possible
Closing Date : 16 December 2020
Under the overall supervision of the National Project Officer in Zamboanga, and under the direct supervision of the Project Assistant in Zamboanga, the incumbent will be accountable and responsible for supporting IOM’s various humanitarian, development and peacebuilding programmes in the provinces of Basilan, Sulu or Tawi-Tawi (to be determined) in line with IOM policies, standards and commitments.
Core Functions / Responsibilities:
Assist the programme team on daily programme’s operational requirements in the field;
Support the programme team in the coordination with stakeholders, partners and preparation of community activities for the efficient and effective delivery of services based on programme workplan;
Ensure timely and quality submission of all programme reports, updates on community information and other means of verifications to Programme Assistant in accordance with IOM and donor formats.
Coordinate with relevant community partners and stakeholders, local government counterparts, civil society groups, and existing local private sectors network with the guidance of Programme Assistant;
Maintain liaison with the programme team and support the programme visibility and local stakeholder’s engagements, as necessary.
Undertake the necessary orientations and trainings on the frameworks and tools related to IOM partnerships with development partners;
Undertake full engagement with the community on providing appropriate messaging, prompt completion of key activities and information dissemination related to protection, counter-trafficking and other issues relevant to the programme;
Identify and document human interest stories related to (but not limited to) community effort and initiatives on counter trafficking, migrant protection and other topics related to the programme;
Ensures full adherence to the principles of Do no Harm, and Conflict-Sensitivity Frameworks throughout the programme implementation;
Perform other duties that may be assigned.
Preferred Qualifications and Experience
· Preferably Bachelor’s Degree in Community Development, Peace Studies, Development Studies, Social Work, International Relations or other related field from an accredited academic institution with three years of relevant professional experience; Or,
· High School degree in the above fields with five years of relevant professional experience
· Experience on community development, social-cohesion, counter trafficking and protection, labour migration and migrants assistance programmes in post-conflict environments, preferred;
· Knowledge of BARMM context, post conflict settings, and on Mindanao protection issues is an advantage;
· Experience in working for public funded programmes (including UN programmes) is an advantage.
· Excellent interpersonal skills (in dealing with colleagues and the community) is a must;
· Training and Facilitation skills.
· In-depth knowledge of conflict context and solid understanding of migration issues in Mindanao, an asset.
· Extensive experience and knowledge of cultural practices and context of the ZamBaSulTa Provinces.
· Ability to effectively use standard office software, such as MS Office (Word, Outlook, Excel and Power Point).
· Excellent presentation, oral and written communication skills in English.
Fluency in English and Filipino is required. Conversant in any BARMM languages.
· Inclusion and respect for diversity: respects and promotes individual and cultural differences; encourages diversity and inclusion wherever possible.
· Integrity and transparency: maintains high ethical standards and acts in a manner consistent with organizational principles/rules and standards of conduct.
· Professionalism: demonstrates ability to work in a composed, competent and committed manner and exercises careful judgment in meeting day-to-day challenges.
Core Competencies – behavioural indicators level 1*
· Teamwork: develops and promotes effective collaboration within and across units to achieve shared goals and optimize results.
· Delivering results: produces and delivers quality results in a service-oriented and timely manner; is action oriented and committed to achieving agreed outcomes.
· Managing and sharing knowledge: continuously seeks to learn, share knowledge and innovate.
· Accountability: takes ownership for achieving the Organization’s priorities and assumes responsibility for own action and delegated work.
· Communication: encourages and contributes to clear and open communication; explains complex matters in an informative, inspiring and motivational way.
Any offer made to the candidate in relation to this vacancy notice is subject to funding confirmation.
Appointment will be subject to certification that the candidate is medically fit for appointment.
How to apply:
In order for an application to be considered valid, IOM will only accept applications which should include a cover letter (not more than one page) and résumé highlighting the required education and experience or a duly completed IOM Personal History Form. To access the form, please visit https://www.iom.int/sites/default/files/vacancy/MAC/iom-personal-history-form1.xlsx
Interested candidates are invited to submit their applications via firstname.lastname@example.org not later than 16 December 2020. Position title and Reference Number (CFAHC 030 2020 - Field Coordinator (Basilan)) should be specified in the SUBJECT field.
Only shortlisted candidates will be contacted.
Apply to Job