Hourly Contract - Field Assistant Community Facilitation Team (Sulu)
NGO Jobs / UN Jobs Vacancy
Position Title : Field Assistant Community Facilitation Team (Sulu)
Duty Station : IOM Philippines Country Office (Zamboanga)
Type of Appointment : Special Short term Ungraded Hourly Contract
Estimated Start Date : As soon as possible
Closing Date : 16 December 2020
Under the overall supervision of the Programme Assistant in Zamboanga, and under the direct supervision of Field Coordinator, the incumbent will be accountable and responsible for supporting IOM’s various humanitarian, development and peacebuilding programmes in the provinces of Basilan, Sulu or Tawi-Tawi (to be determined) in line with IOM policies, standards and commitments.
Core Functions / Responsibilities:
Assists the local field team on daily programme’s operational requirements in the field;
Support the team in ensuring the proper execution of operational plan in the field, timely feedback, filing of operational and administrative documents and other means of verifications such as but not limited to acknowledgement receipts, confirmations, deed of donation, etc.
Reports and updates all challenges, relevant issues and concerns encountered during the implementation of the programme to the programme team;
Provide periodic field operational and security updates, and activity and monitoring reports to the programme team and support the team in the preparation of timely submission of reports related to events, community meetings, and other Information, Education and Communication (IEC) materials for the programme;
Maintain collaboration with other Field Assistants, community leaders, local relevant partners, stakeholders and local government officials in ensuring proper implementation in the field;
Undertake the required orientations and trainings on the frameworks and tools related to IOM partnerships with development partners;
Ensure full adherence to the principles of Do no Harm, and Conflict-Sensitivity frameworks throughout the programme implementation;
Perform other duties that may be assigned.
Preferred Qualifications and Experience
· Preferably having Bachelor’s Degree in Community Development, Peace Studies, Development Studies, Social Work, International Relations or other related field from an accredited academic institution with two years of relevant professional experience; Or,
· High School degree in the above fields with four years of relevant professional experience
· Experience on community development, social-cohesion, counter trafficking and protection, labour migration and migrants assistance programmes in post-conflict environments, preferred;
· Knowledge of BARMM context, post conflict settings, and on Mindanao protection issues is an advantage;
· Experience in working for public funded programmes (including UN programmes) is an advantage.
· Excellent interpersonal skills (in dealing with colleagues and the community) is a must;
· Training and Facilitation skills.
· In-depth knowledge of conflict context and solid understanding of migration issues in Mindanao, an asset.
· Extensive experience and knowledge of cultural practices and context of the ZamBaSulTa Provinces.
· Ability to effectively use standard office software, such as MS Office (Word, Outlook, Excel and Power Point).
· Excellent presentation, oral and written communication skills in English.
Fluency in English and Filipino is required. Conversant in any BARMM languages.
· Inclusion and respect for diversity: respects and promotes individual and cultural differences; encourages diversity and inclusion wherever possible.
· Integrity and transparency: maintains high ethical standards and acts in a manner consistent with organizational principles/rules and standards of conduct.
· Professionalism: demonstrates ability to work in a composed, competent and committed manner and exercises careful judgment in meeting day-to-day challenges.
Core Competencies – behavioural indicators level 1*
· Teamwork: develops and promotes effective collaboration within and across units to achieve shared goals and optimize results.
· Delivering results: produces and delivers quality results in a service-oriented and timely manner; is action oriented and committed to achieving agreed outcomes.
· Managing and sharing knowledge: continuously seeks to learn, share knowledge and innovate.
· Accountability: takes ownership for achieving the Organization’s priorities and assumes responsibility for own action and delegated work.
· Communication: encourages and contributes to clear and open communication; explains complex matters in an informative, inspiring and motivational way.
Any offer made to the candidate in relation to this vacancy notice is subject to funding confirmation.
Appointment will be subject to certification that the candidate is medically fit for appointment.
How to apply:
In order for an application to be considered valid, IOM will only accept applications which should include a cover letter (not more than one page) and résumé highlighting the required education and experience or a duly completed IOM Personal History Form. To access the form, please visit https://www.iom.int/sites/default/files/vacancy/MAC/iom-personal-history-form1.xlsx
Interested candidates are invited to submit their applications via email@example.com not later than 16 December 2020. Position title and Reference Number (CFAHC 034 2020 - Field Assistant Community Facilitation Team (Sulu)) should be specified in the SUBJECT field.
Only shortlisted candidates will be contacted.
Apply to Job