Hivos Vacancy: Voice Indonesia Linking, Learning, and Amplifier Officer
NGO Jobs / UN Jobs Vacancy
Hivos Southeast Asia is an International non-governmental organization guided by humanist values. It aims at structural poverty alleviation with a strong focus on civil society strengthening and sustainable economic development. Hivos Southeast Asia provides financial support for local NGOs, is active in networking, lobbying and exchanging knowledge and expertise. For its Hivos Southeast Asia (Hivos SEA) seeks qualified Indonesian candidates for the position of:
Title : Voice Indonesia Linking, Learning, and Amplifier Officer
Duty Station : Jakarta, Indonesia
Duration : 1 (One) year
Voice is an innovative grant facility to support the most marginalised and discriminated groups in their efforts to exert influence in accessing productive and social services and political participation. It is supported by the Netherlands Ministry of Foreign Affairs and is being implemented by Oxfam Novib and Hivos in 10 countries in Africa and Asia.
The programme has two main components: a grant facility to provide financial support to groups and organisations and a linking and learning programme that will nurture learning and innovation across countries and groups.
The expected results for the position are:
- Effective Linking and Learning between and among Voice grantees, other programmes within Hivos as well as connecting with new developments and external opportunities relevant to Voice goals and objectives
- Well-coordinated with the Communication team, the Linking and Learning facilitation grantee, and the Voice Communications Hub, to produce high quality Voice Linking and Learning processes and outputs
- Amplification of the learning-both in terms of successes and challenges-and stories of change from the Voice-supported grantees’ projects through the Hivos Southeast Asia and Voice website and local (social) media sources.
The position is based in Jakarta, Indonesia with travel in-country and limited travel opportunities to attend international events.
Roles and responsibilities
Promote Linking and Learning in all we do; motivate grantees to develop their own linking and learning
Coordinate implementation of Linking & Learning and innovative interventions with the Linking and Learning facilitator;
Support the Voice team in Indonesia in the assessment and analyses of grantees ’own linking and learning as well as capacity development interests;
Facilitate selecting, contracting and post-contract grant management of Linking and Learning and capacity development facilitators;
Support the Voice team in Indonesia in the assessment and analysis of the Innovate and Learn grant applications, with particular focus on the learning questions and the nature of the innovation;
Managing the Linking and Learning component effectively by;
Furthering the development of a common national approach of linking and learning together with the Linking and Learning facilitator and key stakeholders and align the Monitoring & Evaluation framework;
Coordinate implementation with the Linking and Learning facilitator (e.g. organising learning events, facilitate constitution of Communities of Practice, support realisation of innovation labs) at country level;
Facilitating documentation and communication of lessons learnt and good practices of inclusion, empowerment processes, capacity development support and influencing;
Facilitating mapping of knowledge gaps and documentation of learning agenda’s among the rightsholders group(s) and grantees;
Supporting the analyses, validation and aggregation of learning;
Leading the reassessment of the Voice country context analysis;
Promoting and overseeing the use of Linking and Learning infrastructure for full documentation of the linking and learning processes and sharing lessons learnt;
Participating and contributing actively to the Voice Linking and Learning Community of Practice.
In close collaboration with the Communications Hub, managing the amplification/ communication component effectively by
Identifying and proposing opportunities to amplify the voices of grantees (like (inter)national commemoration days, existing campaigns, use of networks). At national level you will take initiative while at global level it will be in collaboration with the Communications Hub;
Promoting and applying a hope-based and inclusive narrative
Promoting and supporting the elaboration of audio-visual materials, blogs, vlogs, and other products;
Sharing the communication products including Lessons learnt, stories, blogs, research findings) at different and relevant fora / media;
Managing and advising on the use of Voice branding and communications;
Knowledge, experiences and competencies
· Experience in designing and facilitating linking and learning activities.
· Knowledge of and being able to apply participatory linking and learning methodologies and inclusive facilitation.
· Knowledge of and affinity with social inclusion, marginalisation, influencing, and capacity development.
· Background in education, social sciences or other relevant sector.
· Excellent communication and writing skills in English and Indonesia Language
· Well acquainted with social media.
· Organisational facilitation and coordinating skills.
· Ability to perform complex tasks and to prioritise.
· The ability to work effectively with a wide range of people in a multicultural environment. Comfortable working with all Voice rightsholders groups.
· Ability to document, share and profile lessons learnt and learning processes.
· Excellent written and verbal English and Indonesia
What do we offer?
An inspiring and dynamic working environment, dedicated colleagues and the possibility to work for an ambitious new international initiative.
How to apply:
To apply for this position please submit your CV and a cover letter to email@example.com no later than 17 January 2021
Please specify the position name you are applying for (‘LLAO Voice Indonesia’) in the ‘subject’ line of your email. Only shortlisted candidates will be notified.
For more information about Hivos Southeast Asia, visit https://www.hivos.org/
Apply to Job