Health Information Systems (HIS) Associate
NGO Jobs / UN Jobs Vacancy
The Health Information Systems Associate will support strategic information services at MSH in both the M&E and Digital Health practice areas.
DREAM@MSH (MSH-DHIS2) (50%)
- Develop new features for projects on demand (e.g. dashboards, custom forms, etc.).
- Support the maintenance and configuration of MSH’s Essential Thematic Indicators.
- Provide service to MSH field projects in DREAM@MSH by supporting project monitoring indicator configuration and maintenance and supporting the configuration of specific DHIS2 instances that MSH projects create with our external clients.
Analytical support for specific MSH projects (15%)
- Provide support to projects for survey design, testing and statistical analysis
DHIS2 Capacity Building (10%)
- Support the design of trainings in DHIS2 for MSH staff including home and field offices.
- Build upon current DHIS2 learning materials produced for staff.
- Contribute to the design and implementation of eLearning courses on topics related to DHIS2.
M&E routine support (20%)
- Support SI advisors in routine monitoring and evaluation activities (i.e. reporting, AMELP finalizations, PIRS development, etc)
Business development (5%)
- Support M&E advisors in researching, gathering data, and writing business proposals
Required: BA in a relevant field such as biostatistics, health statistics, public health or information systems
Preferred: MA in a relevant field such as biostatistics, health statistics, public health or information systems
Required: 2-4 years (with a BA) of directly relevant experience with a focus on monitoring and evaluating of international development programs, and in the use of measurement methods required for monitoring and evaluation of public health programs. Demonstrated experience with current approaches and tools in information management systems, including the use of data to inform decision-making, communication, and other strategic initiatives.
Preferred**:** Knowledge and intermediate proficiency in the use of statistical software packages such as R, SAS, SPSS, or Stata for data analysis and modelling. Experience designing and implementing facility- and population-based surveys.
Knowledge, Skills, Competencies
Strong English-language writing and presentation skills. Strong scientific and technical writing skills.
Excellent interpersonal skills and demonstrated ability to interact professionally with culturally diverse staff, clients, and consultants.
Beginner-Intermediate expertise in DHIS2 (Aggregate Model required).
Knowledge of monitoring and evaluation principles and methods.
Attention to detail. Demonstrated organization and time management skills
Demonstrated competence in assessing priorities and managing a variety of activities and stakeholders in a time-sensitive environment.
Ability to meet deadlines with attention to detail and quality.
How to apply:
Apply to Job