Grants and Compliance Manager
NGO Jobs / UN Jobs Vacancy
1st February to 31st of December 2021 (possible to extend)
Head of Programme
Reporting and Communications officer
Rohingya Refugee Program, Cox’s Bazar, Bangladesh
DCA (DanChurchAid) is a Danish humanitarian, non-government and non-profit organisation working in Bangladesh since 1971. DCA (DanChurchAid) is a faith-based, non-missionary organization. We work for the poor, vulnerable and socially excluded communities and believe in life before death. DCA Bangladesh has a small administrative office in Dhaka and a large country office in Cox’s Bazar. The country programme has four main components: Gender based Violence, Education in Emergencies, DDR, Cash and Livelihood Programme. The office consists of 230 national staff and 6 international staff.
Overall purposes of the role:
The Grants and Compliance Manager actively support DCA Bangladesh in identifying and responding to new funding opportunities. They will coordinate and lead the production and submission of quality and timely donor reports, provide strategic and technical support to Grant Management and Partnership and ensure compliance with all donor and internal guidelines.
Technical Guidance and support
Resource mobilization and grants acquisition
· Supporting the Country Director and the Head of Programmes (HOP) to conduct donor intelligence by gathering and maintaining up to date donor mapping and search for background information on key donors.
· Monitor new call for proposals and thoroughly review the ones published, identifying risks and constraints for each one as well as DCA’s eligibility and brief the HOP and other relevant staff accordingly.
Support and/or lead proposal writing effort in coordination with HOP and technical teams in the office. This entails the preparation of internal work plan (STEPs), proposal templates, review of donor guidelines, writing of sections of or full concept notes, quality and coherence checks, language editing, financial vs. narrative coherence review etc.
· Ensure proposals/concept notes are in accordance with donor frameworks, guidelines, and language and are comprehended by the Country Office Technical teams.
· Lead proposal writing ensuring that all the technical issues that are specific to the donor are infused in all proposals.
· Maintain up to date archives of key contractual documents (proposals, contracts, partners’ MoU). This includes the maintenance of the INTRA, at least on a weekly basis or as and when required.
· Lead the creation of and maintenance of INTRA projects.
Networking and External Engagements
C oordinate any donor feedback and ensure timely submission of requested feedback and resubmission
Lead and support the mission process of due diligence with partners. This includes briefing staff members on the process, supporting them in filling the documentation with DCA’s new partners and maintaining an up to date database of all the required documents.
Provide briefing papers and support the development of external communication tools relevant for donor visits/meetings
Budgeting and Contracts management
Develop budgets for new grants ensuring that all requisite allocations are infused in budget development.
Liaise with GPDR on budget allocations and project identification and prioritization.
Review thoroughly all contracts and memorandum of understanding signed by DCA with donors, partners, institutions and ensure use of standard formats. Ensure alignment with DCA’s and donors’ requirements.
In consultation with finance, conduct PDS updates.
Coordinate with the Finance Controller on donor compliance issues and contractual obligations.
Inform program and support teams on any changes to existing donor guidelines and regulations; answer/investigate any compliance related questions during the projects.
Facilitate Grants Kick Off meetings ensuring that implementing partners and staff are acquainted with the word and the spirit of all the grants.
Maintain up to date reporting schedule and ensure information sharing to all relevant staff within the office so that reports are adequately anticipated, produced, and submitted.
Review reporting formats and help field teams familiarize themselves with them.
Assist field teams in drafting of donor reports by ensuring that reports are in accordance with donor requirements and are submitted on time and in the right quality.
Support DCA teams and coordination with admin/finance to understand donor requirements and anticipate any difficulty in fulfilling them.
Liaise with HQ or donors to stay up to date on reporting requirements and in following up/tracking of submitted reports ensuring all issues are resolved
Any other duties or tasks as assigned by line manager
Professional skills and qualifications needed in the position
- University degree in Social Sciences, International Development or similar relevant to position
- At least 2 years' experience in a grants management role
- Proven experience of providing grants management support to a similar sized programme
- Proven leadership skills and a competence in people management.
- Competence in providing technical guidance and training.
- Proven experience in working with national partners, local/government authorities.
- Working experience with relevant donors (e.g., UNICEF, UN Women, UNFPA, UNHCR, ECHO, DANIDA, DFID etc).
- Fluency in written and spoken English is a must.
- Key competencies
- Pro-active with an ability to think analytically, identifying opportunities and mechanisms to broaden programming
- Self-starter and take initiative
- Results oriented
- Excellent planning and organizational skills
- Ability to problem solve and good decision-making skills
- Strong team player
- Ability to maintain strong integrity on behalf of the organization
- The candidate must have personal commitment to social equity and equal rights and opportunities and adhere to the staff policies of DCA on Sexual Harassment and Anti-Corruption. DCA needs people with excellent interpersonal communication skills and a good team spirit.
- Willingness to be flexible is essential.
- Only short-listed candidates will be contacted.
- DCA promotes equal opportunities for women and men from different caste, ethnic and religious backgrounds and encourages them to apply for these posts within DCA.
- For information about DCA visit www.danchurchaid.org
Address: Block-A, Plot-29, Kolatoli Residential Area, Cox’s Bazar, Bangladesh. the road beside Mohammadiya Guest house)
How to apply:
Only online applications consisting of minimum a CV and a Cover Letter will be considered.
******HARD COPY CV or ANY PERSONAL EMAIL will NOT be accepted.***
To apply use the following link: https://www.danchurchaid.org/join-us/jobs/international-vacancies/grants-and-compliance-manager
Closing date for applications: 10th January 2021**
Applications will be reviewed on a rolling basis and we reserve the right to close the vacancy early if we find suitable candidates.
Joining date: As Soon As Possible, no later than 1 March 2021
Apply to Job