NGO Jobs / UN Jobs Vacancy
Title: Fundraising Administrator
Department: Development and Communications
Department and Location: London UK
Reports to : Deputy Director, Development and Communications
Staff reporting to this post: None
Budget responsibility : None
About Relief International:
Relief International is a leading nonprofit organization working in 16 countries to relieve poverty, ensure well-being and advance dignity. We specialize in fragile settings, responding to natural disasters, humanitarian crises and chronic poverty.
Relief International combines humanitarian and development approaches to provide immediate services while laying the groundwork for long-term impact. Our signature approach — which we call the RI Way—emphasizes local participation, an integration of services, strategic partnerships and a focus on civic skills. In this way, we empower communities to find, design and implement the solutions that work best for them.
Relief International includes the four corporate members of the RI Alliance: RI-US, RI-UK, MRCA/RI-France and RI-Europe. Under our alliance agreement, we operate as a single, shared management structure.
The Fundraising Administrator will work closely with and support Relief International’s Development & Communications team supporting the growth of income for the organization.
Primarily be responsible for delivering best in class customer service, administrative fundraising support, managing all financial reporting, database management, and other administrative functions of the Development and Communications team. A key objective is to advance the use of data as a key part of enhancing Relief International’s fundraising and donor engagement strategies.
Working as part of a small but highly ambitious team, the Fundraising Administrator is a crucial position within the team, acting as the first point of contact for donor enquiries, information, and donor care. In addition, this role will be supporting the team to further its fundraising goals and increased donor outreach. They will help the team respond quickly and efficiently to daily and long-term projects. You will bring a genuine passion for delivering the best fundraising administrative support and leading on their area of work.
The Fundraising Administrator will benefit from the support of all team members and at the same time also be encouraged to develop their own ideas and to manage their own work. Working in a fast-paced, challenging, and stimulating professional environment, the Fundraising Administrator will play an important role in supporting Relief International’s existing development efforts and its efforts to broaden its base of donors in the U.S., U.K. and E.U. donor markets.
KEY RESPONSIBILITIES AND DUTIES
- To provide excellent donor care such as writing gift acknowledgement letters, sending information packs, responding to queries, and speaking and meeting with donors when they have questions related to their gift processing.
- Draft tailored acknowledgement and solicitation letters for individual, foundation and Board donors in coordination with frontline fundraising staff and the CEO.
- Oversee the creation of weekly, monthly, and quarterly reports to support fundraising staff, finance department, executive leadership, and the board of directors. This includes reports demonstrating progress toward goals as well as forecasting philanthropic support in future years and reconciling with the finance department.
- Work with Finance and other teams to accurately record, process, and reconcile all incoming donations received by post, online, wire and stock transfer, and telephone.
- Accurately process standing orders and direct debits plus respond to direct debit cancellation requests, update supporter records, etc
- Execute on data entry, data hygiene and data maintenance projects to further the efficiency and accuracy of our donor database (Blue State Digital)
- Manage and respond to supporter queries, record and update non-financial supporter information such as Gift Aid declarations, data protection opt outs, legacy pledges and other personal information in line with the Data Protection policy and GDPR
- Work with colleagues across the organisation to deliver a positive and effective donor experience
- Oversee established team processes aimed at mitigating risk and preventing fraudulent activity in online donations such as card testing, illegitimate refunds, and other risks, working with RI’s risk management team when suspicious activities occur and require investigation.
- Update and maintain process documents, communicating relevant information to the team
- Respond to queries from the general public about fundraising activities, work closely with other teams to ensure enquiries are dealt with quickly and effectively maximize fundraising opportunities.
Development and Communications Team support
- To support the administrative coordination and delivery of fundraising appeals, campaigns and events
- Occasional prospect research into new donors
- Receive and screen phone calls from the general development line and emails sent to the general development email inbox. Handle or appropriately refer all requests for information.
- Provide additional administrative support to members of the development and communications team as needed
- Participate in regular team meetings, reporting and liaising on ongoing projects
- Support with grant management from private donors and occasional reporting where required
- Co-ordinate and attend internal and external fundraising led meetings including room booking, rota and agenda
QUALIFICATIONS & REQUIREMENTS
This position will require a demonstrated ability to achieve results in a demanding and fast paced environment.
Qualification and Experience
- Bachelor’s degree
- At least two years' experience working in a fundraising team
- Experience of writing acknowledgement letters and solicitation letters for donors
- Experience of using & maintaining a database, doing data entry and pulling data queries
- An awareness of Data Protection issues and the ability to work with confidential sensitive information
- Experience of building excellent relationships with external stakeholders
- Experience of positive collaborative working with internal stakeholders
- Excellent verbal and written skills with a talent for expressing complex ideas in simple and effective language
- Creative and able to produce engaging written and visual communications**
- Excellent interpersonal skills and confidence engaging with people
- Excellent organizational skills and the ability to assess, prioritize and manage a varied and demanding workload
- Numerate with a basic understanding of financial accounts and ability to do financial reconciliations
- Collaborative, inclusive, and team-driven
- Patient listener, likable, diplomatic, and engaging
- Awareness of the needs of others and flexible to respond
- A passion for the work of Relief International and a desire to continually broaden and deepen the organization’s impact
We uphold the Humanitarian Principles: humanity, neutrality, impartiality and operational independence. We affirmatively engage the most vulnerable communities.
- Transparency and accountability
- Agility and innovation
How to apply:
Please submit your resumer to:
Apply to Job