Finance & Grants Officer
NGO Jobs / UN Jobs Vacancy
I Choose Life – Africa (ICL) is a youth focused organization that seeks to empower youth in Kenya as the foundation for sustainable development. ICL has significantly contributed to the realization of socio-economic development and empowerment of individuals bringing about transformative change across communities in Kenya. Registered in 2004 and working closely with Government, ICL has over 16 years’ experience implementing evidence-based adolescents and youth programs in over 345 institutions of learning (Primary, Secondary and Higher learning institutions) across 26 Counties in Kenya. We aim at contributing towards improved life opportunities of adolescent and youth aged 10-24 using a holistic transformational model. ICL employs evidence to design and run innovative and high impact interventions to improve key indicators in Health, Education, Economic Empowerment and Leadership and Governance with regards to children, adolescents and youth. To ensure maximum impact, ICL adopts a multi-sectorial approach, Quadra Helix development approach (which brings together the Government, Private sector, Academia and Civil society) to foster innovative and sustainable transformation in communities. In this model we envision better health and well-being, quality education and improved livelihoods for sustainable development. In its sustainable and transformative service delivery, ICL invests in generation of evidence to influence policy and practice. The organization is guided by a vision of a “Healthy Africa, Empowered People!” and is on a mission to improve the life opportunities of youth aged 10-24 through strategic empowerment for sustainable development.
Vision: ‘Healthy Africa, Empowered People!
Mission:To improve the life opportunities of youth aged 10-24 through strategic empowerment for sustainable development.
Job Purpose: To establish and maintain financial and management procedures for I Choose Life - Africa that ensure compliance and achievement of the Organizational Objectives in line with the strategic plan. In addition, support counties in the actualization of their county strategic plans aligned to Vision 2030.
- Review and verification of financial transactions/activities/documentation for accuracy, appropriateness and completeness and ensure full compliance of financial services and transactions with donor rules, regulations, policies and recording and reporting systems.
- Prepare projects' monthly cash flow projections Monthly Costed Performance Management Plans (MCPMP) ensuring timely requests for replenishment of the project bank account.
- Prepare bank reconciliations, debtors and creditors reconciliation.
- Timely posting of data on Microsoft Navision accounting system.
Ensure proper book-keeping maintaining accounts payable and accounts receivable.**
Provide support in monitoring adherence with the terms and conditions of grant agreements
Ensure grants awarded are in compliance donor regulations (DfID, USAID, SIDA among others)
Assist in the review and updating of operational policies and procedures for procurement and contracts/grants management
Provides support on contracts and subcontracts management from the pre - solicitation stage through completion or closeout**
Budgeting and budget monitoring
Take part in proposal development and support the team in budget preparation.
Ensure proper budget implementation to ensure adherence to budget lines.
Maintain a 4% budget variance
- Prepare projects’ budget variance reports and submit to the Finance and Grants Manager by 26th of every month.
- Prepare monthly financial reports (MFRs) for the project and submit to Finance & Grants
- Manager by 2nd of every month.
- In accordance with donor requirements, create or maintain procedures for capturing and publishing monthly, quarterly and annual project technical and financial reports.
- Ensure reports are sent to the donors on a timely basis.
Audit and Audit Processes.
- Facilitate donor reviews and resolve any queries arising from the review.
- Facilitate annual project audits for the region where applicable
- Prepare audit schedules for the region’s projects in preparation for the annual organizational audit, ensure completeness of all supporting documentation and facilitate resolving of any queries arising from the audit.
- Take part in resource mobilization through participation in proposal development with other program staff.
Minimum qualifications, experience and skills
- Bachelor’s degree in Finance or Accounting
- CPA Finalist and member of ICPAK
- Certificate in Project Management will be an added advantage
- 7 years working experience working in an NGO setting
- A minimum of 2 years in a supervisory position
- Experience in working with USAID/PEPFAR, EU, DfId, UN funded projects is desirable
- Ability to set priorities, organize time efficiently and work independently on several tasks simultaneously
- Demonstrated ability to work in a team with other finance, grants and accounting staff
- Excellent knowledge of Microsoft Navision 2016 and Excel
- Strong financial reporting skills
- Strong analytical skills
- Skilled at and passionate about supporting the use of data for decision-making, strategizing and course correction
- Experience with using supportive approaches to building capacity of fellow colleagues to accurately record, document, report and use data
- Team building skills
How to apply:
If you are up to the challenge and meet the above qualifications, we encourage you to write to us through email@example.com clearly indicating achievements and attributes. Your CV and cover letter should reach us on or before 11th December 2020. Kindly indicate current and expected salary on your CV in pdf format with subject as ‘Finance and Grants Officer.
I Choose Life - Africa is a child friendly organization and an equal opportunity employer.
Only candidates short-listed for interview will be contacted.
Apply to Job