Evaluation and outreach Associate
NGO Jobs / UN Jobs Vacancy
The Strong Cities Network (SCN), ISD’s flagship international capacity-building programme, comprises of over 140 cities from across 45 countries globally is looking for an Evaluation and Outreach Associate.
This entry-level position will support the core SCN team with member recruitment and engagement activities, including the development and implementation of a member engagement strategy. Simultaneously, the post-holder will support the SCN’s existing M&E team with data collection, analysis and synthesis. Specifically, the post-holder will play a pivotal role in the evaluation of the Mayor of London’s Shared Endeavour Fund, an £800,000 investment by City Hall and Google.org to empower local responses to the issues of hate, extremism and polarisation.
The post holder will contribute to SCN’s core, M&E and member engagement work-streams and be responsible for developing new content for the SCN’s website and social media accounts, as well as supporting the core team with outreach and recruitment efforts.
Shared Endeavour Fund Evaluation, including Reporting:
- Support the evaluation of MOPAC’s Shared Endeavour Fund through synthesizing data from grantee midline and endline reports and assisting in the development of data collection tools.
- Contribute to the development of a theory of change for the Fund and a sample of funded projects.
- Carry out interviews with grantees on the delivery of their projects and the Fund itself.
- Support in drafting portions of the evaluation report and presentations for stakeholders.
Wider Strong Cities Network M&E Support:
- Assist in the development and implementation of the SCN’s M&E plans.
- Support preparation and completion of project logframes and assist in collecting data from relevant stakeholders to measure performance against indicators and targets for donor reporting.
- Support project teams with data collection activities, including conducting surveys, interviews, focus groups etc. This will specifically include data collected through national-level surveys in at least three countries focusing on polarising disinformation related to COVID-19.
- Contribute knowledge and support to SCN member cities and sub-grantees, and advising them on strengthening their evidence base for practice.**
Strong Cities Network Member Engagement Support:
- Identify members’ priorities through desk-based research, interviews with members, surveys, etc.
- Monitor, update and optimise the SCN’s databases, including the engagement, membership and event trackers.
- Optimise member recruitment processes, and process new memberships.
- Monitor and respond to membership requests and queries, including by managing the SCN general inbox.
- Support the development and implementation of a member engagement strategy.
- Support the development of M&E-related content for the SCN’s online hub.
- Liaise with SCN members and provide support as required or appropriate.**
Strong Cities Network Communications Support:
- Responsible for the SCN’s social media accounts, including Twitter, LinkedIn and YouTube, including regularly analysing engagement and performance.
- Responsible for ensuring the SCN website is continuously updated.
- Contribute to the development and delivery of the SCN’s communication materials as appropriate.
The successful candidate will have some experience in research/M&E design, implementation, and analysis, and experience with writing for different audiences. Designing and using M&E frameworks, contributing to donor reporting is desirable.
Strong stakeholder engagement skills, managing communications and outreach with sometimes sensitive stakeholders including mayors, local authorities and grassroots organisations is essential along with social media and other online communication skills, strong data management and analysis skills .
How to apply:
Please send a one-page cover letter addressing your suitability for the position with up-to-date CV (no more than 2 pages), to email@example.com by 8th January 2021.
Please note, only short-listed candidates will be contacted and applications without a covering letter will not be considered.
ISD reserves the right to reject any and all proposals submitted and to request additional information from all applicants as necessary to evaluate applications. Please note that applications will be considered on a rolling basis and ISD reserves the right to appoint before the end of the advertisement.
Apply to Job