Education Programme Manager
NGO Jobs / UN Jobs Vacancy
Programme Manager will be overall responsible for the successful implementation and monitoring of program projects. Programme Manager would also be responsible for overseeing the planning and delivery of the program and its related MEAL activities, manage the program team, ensure proper integration and achievement of the projects in line with organization strategies, and oversee the planning and achievement of business development activities related to the program.
Program Manager is responsible for representing WATAN in coordination and relevant program meetings with donors and coordination bodies.
- Develop a work plan related to the implementation of the program. This includes planning appropriate time to identify beneficiaries according to the pre-defined WATAN beneficiary selection process, developing procurement plans, developing detailed implementation plans and planning for staffing
- Lead strategy development and vision for the program within WATAN
- Provide technical inputs and oversight to the design of program interventions
- Working to secure funding for projects under supervision and managing the relationship with the donor to secure the financial sustainability stability of the program
- Work closely in coordination with emergency and development programs to ensure mainstreaming across all WATAN's programs in Syria and Turkey
- Conduct monthly programs follow-ups including participation in grant management meetings, review of procurement plans, budget forecasts and progress against contract indicators and update of detailed implementation plans
- Develop and maintain good relations and continuous communication with local authorities, communities and relevant stakeholders
- Draft donor reports and provide them to Programs Director for review; drafts should be in accordance with internal WATAN and external donor requirements
- Directly manage program staff; this includes preparation and monitoring of staff performance plans, development of training plans for staff and provision of feedback
- Provide technical (matrix) management to staff who implement program activities in area offices and are line managed by area managers; this technical management includes the provision of technical support and advice
- Conduct training sessions for staff and partners, as necessary and relevant
- Manage contracts with local partners, including drafting contract indicators, directly monitoring implementation, supervising implementation, developing capacity building plans and supporting appropriate financial reporting
- Supervise and motivate the staff under his/her responsibility and ensure that the objectives are clear
- Ensure that staff implementing the activities have respect for the code of conduct and to report on all observations to the head of base or to line managers
- Identify the need for budget revisions and prepare budget revision drafts, in close coordination with the finance team
- Ensure that all finance documentation related to program expenditure is complete and auditable
- Ensure that the program team works closely with the monitoring and evaluation team to implement appropriate monitoring and evaluation mechanisms including documented data on all indicators and other forms of data collection necessary to evaluate the impact
- Ensure that staff are properly trained in monitoring and evaluation tools and their implementation; work with partners to develop an appropriate and effective monitoring and evaluation system
- Conduct the first data analysis and early drafts of the reports of surveys and studies conducted as part of the program
- Conduct frequent evaluation visits to provide technical support and troubleshoot problems
- Any other task assigned by programs director
- Bachelor’s degree in Business Administration or any other related major
- Minimum 4-5 years of professional experience leading, managing and implementing Education projects
- Ability to represent the organization's image in a professional manner.
- Commitment to humanitarian relief standards
- Excellent interpersonal, communication, remote management, and planning skills.High managerial skills
- knowledge of International Human Rights Law, International Humanitarian Law, Refugee Law
- Ability to communicate effectively with others
- Good remote management skills
- Report writing skills
- Knowledge of follow-up financial matters.
- Ability to build and manage teams.
- Problem-solving skills
- Ability to work in teams
- Work under pressure
- Delegation skills
- Ability to learn and develop
- PgMP certified
Child Protection Policy
Child abuse in all forms is unacceptable to WATAN, which recognizes its responsibility to protect children from harm in all areas of its work. WATAN is committed to ensuring a child-safe environment and is applying a zero-tolerance approach towards any kind of child abuse and exploitation.
Discrimination, Abuse and Harassment Policy
WATAN provides equal employment opportunities to all employees and applicants for employment and expressly prohibits and will not tolerate any form of discrimination, abuse, harassment (sexual or otherwise), based upon race, ethnicity, religion, national origin, gender, age, sexual orientation, marital status, citizenship status, disability, or military status.
WATAN employees and related personnel must under no circumstances take part in any form of discrimination, harassment, or abuse (physical, sexual or verbal), intimidation or exploitation, or in any other way infringe the rights of others inside or outside WATAN.
Applications are strongly encouraged from female candidate.
Applications are being reviewed on a rolling basis. WATAN reserves the right to close this advert before the confirmed closing date when we are in receipt of sufficient application**s**.**
How to apply:
- All interested candidates in the position who meet the requirements, please click on the link to apply: https://watan.foundation/Vacancies/Jobs_Details/3426?lang=en
- Only shortlisted candidates will be contacted.
Apply to Job